Thread: Garmin c330 can not find satellites

Garmin c330 can not find satellites

Hello
    I have a problem with my Garmin C330. It takes a long time before finding satellites (more than 5 min). Someone has already had this problem. I have the latest version of software and still there are problems with this. If you have any solution for this then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Garmin c330 can not find satellites

From an telecom company the GPS satellites have captured images. I'm traveling and I do not have my cord so I can not help me with the computer. I recommend that you? I leave tomorrow and I 600km I have no sense of direction, I'm kind of getting lost with a GPS or in a parking lot. So, if you have an idea about this, that is how to use this? Thank you

I have the same problem with my C330 (this happens from time to time). The solution I found is to turn it off for 1 minute or until the message "problem tracking satellites". Then, I answered NO to all questions, even to confirm the date (although this is the correct date) this effect to reset at a micro-controller and acquisition of satellites is done correctly. A little advice for updates: Instead, use the software "Web-updater" that checks and automatically loads any SHIFT, to go on the site Garmin to see if the Update for your GPS. This method is more reliable and more timely. I hope this will help you.

At the start of GPS, have you included "acquiring satellites"? if so you're in the right config, and if not capture satellite after several minutes (6-7 minutes max), you can do a reset of the GPS (rear of GPS). You start it again a and if still the problem, do an exchange at the store (several have already had this problem with the C330). By cons, if you have not registered "acquiring satellites", you're in the config "simulate route", so no research (normal mode simulation). Go to the Tools menu and remove the simulation course.

I have the same problem. The Garmin C330 does not receive the satellite, it continues to cut stating "lost satellite reception", sometimes it works but is very rare. Once it lost the satellites it captures them again until they stop. It headed home Garmin has found nothing and the reconfiguration, which changed nothing. Any help will be appreciated.

The satellites are positioned high in the sky in geostationary position (rotate at the same speed as the earth so we do not see them moving). They are located to the south , at the equator. Thus, the geographical area is not important for the reception, at least at the scale . By cons, when you walk through a tunnel, obviously you lose the receipt, it's normal. Regarding windshields, actually they now incorporate a coating that is intended to limit the penetration of sunlight, the summer issue of comfort. This coating blocks most of the waves, so that the satellite is very bad. To give you an account if your troubles come your windshield, just to run your GPS outside the car, often against the side window, preferably south. The solution is simple. There are small antennas that stick on the top of the windshield near the rear view mirror.

I had the same problem. it was a few days there was no acquisition of satellite, the satellite search outcome did not. I tried the "reset" and I did a "RESTORE" or "Restore Settings", then I put everything in French. And my Garmin has managed to acquire satellites 5 min later.

To solve the problem of locating satellites you need to power of the c330 unit
    now touch the lower right on the display window and keep holding it them touch the power button , keep holding the right lower screen area till it asks you do you want to erase all data touch yes and reconfigure your setting this should fix all problems , one more note you should do this outside so it gets a good signal from the satellites
    Hope this helps everyone