Thread: Hard drive makes noise , iPod not initializing!!

Hard drive makes noise , iPod not initializing!!

I recently bought a Maxtor SATA HDD 160 GB and was trying to initialize an iPod. Everything was going fine before but while initializing an iPod suddenly my system got restarted and then it is not initializing my iPod. Also I have noticed that there is some noise which is produced by a hard-disk. As if what I would love for to know is if this is common on hard drives or if I have to check it with any tool or program (which I can serve to verify that my drive is fine) so that if it's something factory for warranty purposes.?? Please help me to fix my problems.

Re: Hard drive makes noise , iPod not initializing!!

Hello, in the maxtor if common in other brands do not, but I mean the noise because the other maxtor also sound, but noise vary from each other, to summarize the Maxtor has a reputation for what has been said. Since you are getting an issue while trying to initialize an iPod, I would like to suggest you to check your system by removing all the applications and components that you installed for an iPod. Hope that will help you in regaining your hard disk.

That little sound in it may be normal in some records, but on other hand problem means something not good. A hard disk with no defects necessarily freezes the computer or put it slow so it's not a good way of saying that the hard drive is good. Anyway, if the hard disk is guaranteed to enforce it could, maybe the hard drive if you have problems and better now that you can change. I turn to comment, the Maxtor drives are noisy, and I mention that the 160G and if it is ATA and the manufacturer is quite aware of that, because they have taken it very seriously and are reducing these noises, Maxtor, have a virtue, which is the speed, but noise is main drawback.

It happened to me (not the same thing if it happens to you) that the hard disk never stops making noise and turning on your little light as if reading or writing followed in the ........ Well the problem is that no reason is because some processes are loaded (programs) that are causing this. I believe that these programs are taken to surfing the internet. Well in my case was the process MsnMgr32.exe and to stop execution do ctrl + alt + del, then go to the processes box, select it and give it to complete this process and ......( hard disk to the eye is not the same as Messenger msnmgr.exe it ). I recommend using programs like Ad-aware and scan the disk with a virus from time to time, and regcleaner registry cleaning, maybe in your case is another process.

Even I think that there should be some issue with the iPod, since you told that before your hard disk was working properly. There are also chances that your hard-disk got corrupted (at worst case...dead), when you tried to connect your iPod. So I would like to recommend you to try doing some troubleshooting. First make sure which hardware is damaged, your hard-disk or an iPod. After checking out that, you can fix the problem accordingly.

My recommendation is that you back up your valuable data and do more tests, such as reinstalling your OS, try doing the scandisk and run other disk cleanup utilities. In your case I don't think that there is iPod fault. Maybe your hard drive have got corrupted. You can try to format your hard drive and then check whether the problem is fixed or not. Otherwise you will have to change your HDD if it is dead.

Hi your problem is really complicated. If you have any sharp noise as you say "may" that the internal short-circuit. The best recommendation is to take a certain technical services and that can cause serious problems on your motherboard or the motherboard rendering it useless as both devices are connected to it. We need to test the hard disk that has the problem that you are connecting to MASTER and the CD / DVD as if they are SLAVE IDE connection now if you plug it into SATA intercropped on each port. CONNECTED UNITS AS ANYTHING, verify that the power cord is good from the MOLEX. We turn on the PC and entered BIOS, verify you are taking the hard disk where it says STANDARD CMOS FEATURES, and if this is recognized then insert a boot CD such as Windows and test whether it accepts the Transfer of files from the CD to the hard drive as if we were to install it. If so then goes smoothly there must be another cause of the problem. I don’t know why sound emits from the hard disk.?? Maybe there would be some reasons but now I think that you should take some steps immediately.

The light of the hard disk and hard drive flashes seem to go out of the casing of the equipment. Definitely it is clear that the hard drive is making a fairly laborious process. As some of you know, the hard disk has an arm that holds the read-write heads. This arm can move the headers for the different tracks. A normal hard disk is about 13 centimeters in diameter, and the arm can move us five centimeters from the surface of the disc. The speed at which you can move this arm is incredible. It is very light while remaining strong and accurate. The arm can slide along the disk surface hundreds of times per second if needed. If you think of a loudspeaker, there is little difference. A speaker drives a very light back and forth hundreds of times to generate a sound. In a hard disk, the arm moves rapidly and creates a vibration that our ears perceive as sound.