Thread: Logitech Performance Mouse MX red flash issue

Logitech Performance Mouse MX red flash issue

I have a desktop machine and it is installed with Windows 7. I have a Logitech Performance Mouse MX. The problem is that it flashes red 8 times over and over again. I do not know what could have caused the issue but this all happened after I have upgraded the system. Please help me out so that the problem can be solved well. Help me out.

Re: Logitech Performance Mouse MX red flash issue

This is seriously a big problem as I have faced the same. It seems that there is some issue with the hardware and it has to be reported to the Logitech support helpdesk. I have contacted them for the issue. I suppose we need to get it serviced well from them. They will then help us out for making the device to function as required. So contact the helpdesk for the same. They will help.

The possibility can be that the device is not able to function as the required driver which needs to support them well has to check out and get it functioned. All you need to do is to check out for the thing by reinstalling the driver under compatible mode. You need to right click on the installer.exe file and then install the same under compatibility mode for Windows Xp. As it is been done I hope this will then help you out well for sorting the thing. Check out.

Try out by performing a clean boot service and then install the application. for Clean boot service you need to type msconfig in the search box. As it is done you then need to check out by choosing Hide all Microsoft services from the selective startup tab. Now disable the service and then make the aspects to be worked by disabling the service and then restart the system. Now install the driver.

It could be that the device is not able to function well. Th device may have some issue and hence this has caused the problem. So in order to work well for the thing it is essential that the device should be replaced. All you need to do is to get the device serviced or contact the helpdesk. They will help you well. So perform as required and get a new device.

Contact Logitech support for the same. It could be that the device has some issue and this is the reason it is not able to perform or get worked. So process as needed. You need to check out by taking the device to the manufacturer and then service the same. Servicing the device will then help to sort the problem should be solved. So get to the conclusion.

The red battery light has been flashing off and on on my Performance MX Mouse.

I finally figured what was going on with my Performance MX Mouse from Logitech (after I ordered a new mouse). In the first place the battery has to go in withing the negative "-" connection in first. It will allow you to do it the opposite way but you will still get the flashing red light. That means the "+" connection is towards the back edge of the mouse. Make sure the battery is pushed down as far as it will go in the battery compartment. Do this with a NiMH battery ONLY! Duracell makes a pre-charged NiMH battery (it is green and copper coloured with a black strip around it) that works great. Then connect it to your charging cable and let it charge for 12 to 24 hours. You will find that everything is fine after that. You don't need to take the mouse apart and change the resistors like some advice tells you to do.