Thread: Keyboard not working in Logitech Harmony Remote Software

Keyboard not working in Logitech Harmony Remote Software

I have tried diferent keyboards and also with the same keyboards in notepad and they are going very well. I am trying to associate a custom command to my Harmony One remote. I find there through the Devices => Media Center PC=> Learn IR. from the bottom side , it provides an option to "Learn a New Command' with the default name of the newly command as "MyNewCommand".

That's fine , It is actually what I need to do. So I moved to highlight the "MyNewCommand" in the section and then try to provide the new name for this. It wouldn't allow me to do the same . It does allow to learn the command but I am getting unable to rename it. The issue is that when I need to learn more commands, and if they are all known as "MyNewCommand", then I wouldn't get which is this . Besides, I want to name them what they are, not "MyNewCommand".

I have also moved into the 'customize buttons' after getting the new command and tried to rename this but there also with the similar results. It allows me to highlight the field in the box as though I could rename it. Do you have any idea about this ...

Re: Keyboard not working in Logitech Harmony Remote Software

Hello friends !!

Whoever have this problem, please consider something that I am going to describe here and one thing more that I need to know from you is that which one operating system you are using currently and also it's not properly clear for me, whether you need to rename the 'MyNewCommand' before or after getting to it. You require to rename this before reading the process. If it's the matter that it doesn't perform, and you are sure that you are running with the newest software version (7.6.0.8), this is the time to call to the Logitech support and explain them that there is a lack in their Windows 7 compatibility.

Whatever operating system you are running with, it doesn't matyter for this issue but one thing should be noted here and that is fact you can't cross for another level if you are not starting one after another . It's never been possible to rename a MyNewCommand after it's been "learned". You have to learn that first and then after you can rename that..

Are you assuming that you are capable to highlight MyNewCommand before you "learn" that but that Backspace or Delete key issues does not destroy this and let you issue a new name?

Yeah , That's what exactly getting the same. I am able to highlight the "MyNewCommand" section before I learn the command as if to rename this but the backspace and/or delete key are not in condition to erase this . In fact none of the keyboard commands perform anything at all while in that section of the software. Curiously, when I move to "Contact Customer Support" in the software, the keyboard come up with the proper functionality. I think, I will try to call the customer support about this then? I was not pretty sure that if they would help or not since it explains so clearly on the software download page that they do not compatible with the Windows 7 RC. Thanks to each of you for your suggestions

I have a Logitech Harmony remote just for the home entertainment system. The remote going very great but when I move to software section then it looks ugly, slow, and occasionally painful, does make it very simple to configure up new devices and functionality . Last weekend, while trying to configure up a new device, I considered that I couldn't rename the device and then I had just added -- the field was clickable, but typing was getting ignored every time when I issue any character from the keyboard . Why it going in the painful manner ...

I have just received my Harmony 520 yesterday and you know, I like to use this but I also got a slight issue with that device and unable to solve that myself . The devices is not allowing me to rename that or functionality with the software on my Mac. I have just tried it to do , but when I select the option to make it rename with another title , the text box comes up and it not allowing me to enter text into the box. I also got unable to delete the existing text either. Any suggestions would be helpful for me to tackle with this situation ? ..

Yeah I am having the same issues also. Using the following:

- Harmony 525
    - Logitech Harmony Remote Software 7.4.3
    - Mac OSX 10.5.2
    Have tried the restart work around, but didn't work.