Thread: Logitech Illuminated keyboard blinking on and off

Logitech Illuminated keyboard blinking on and off

I just got a Logitech Illuminated keyboard few months back and was loving all the features and ease it provided but now the the left hand side of the Logitech Illuminated keyboard blinks on and off regularly. I cannot figure out what is causing the problem and now I think that the keyboard is faulty. Is it true or is there something which can be done to make the keyboard work properly? Any help is highly appreciated.

Re: Logitech Illuminated keyboard blinking on and off

There is high possibility that the keyboard is faulty and hence it is blinking. The illuminated keyboards which are launched by logitech are very delicate and hence smallest physical shock will cause the keyboard to develop faults. You can get the keyboard replaced from the dealer as it would be covered under warranty from Logitech.

For a device to work properly on the computer, appropriate drivers for the device must be installed on the computer. If the appropriate drivers are not installed on the computer, the device will not function properly. Hence check the drivers installed on the computer for keyboard and remove them from the system. Download the updated drivers from the official website and install it on the computer. Hopefully it will solve the problem

Are the keys on the keyboard working properly? Sometimes the LED which is used for backlitting the keyboard is faulty and hence the keyboard appears to be blinking. If the keys are working properly then there is no need to worry about the blinking of keyboard as it will not create any problems with the function of keyboard. Still you can get the keyboard replaced as it is faulty.

It seems like a faulty USB port problem. Plug the keyboard in some other USB port and see if the keyboard still blinks or not. The current USB port must be leaking which is causing the keyboard to blink. Hence changing the port will solve the problem.

It was indeed the faulty USB port which was shorting the keyboard and making it blink on and off. I changed the port where the keyboard was connected and now the keyboard has stopped blinking. Now I have connected the keyboard to the USB port on the motherboard itself. Thanks for helping out