Thread: SHIFT key problem in Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

SHIFT key problem in Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

Please help in solving this weird problem with the Logitech Illuminated keyboard which I am using. I had bought this keyboard few days back but now the keyboard has started giving random problems while working. The Shift key on the keyboard does not work intermittently. Also some keys of the keyboard do not work at random times. Is anybody else facing the same problem? Please help.

Re: SHIFT key problem in Logitech Illuminated Keyboard

The keyboard is faulty I think and hence certain keys on the keyboard are not working. All the keyboards from Logitech have 6 months warranty under which any fault to it will be serviced for free if there is no physical damage involved. Hence I will suggest you take the keyboard to the dealer and get it checked. If the keyboard is faulty, get it replaced.

Some virus's are known for creating problems with normal working of the keyboard. Therefore perform a full system scan with an updated antivirus and check all the files which are infected with virus. Try to repair the infected files or move them to quarantine. After taking the proper steps for all the infected files, check if the keyboard is working fine.

I am also facing the same issue with the illuminated keyboard. The only difference is that the shift key is working properly but the P key is not working. Some keys stop responding randomly while working. I think there is some problem with the manufactured lot and I hope to get the replacement very soon. Still if there are any solutions for solving this error, please help.

I suspect that the problem which you are facing is due to improper installation of setpoint on the computer. Remove SetPoint from the computer and then reinstall it after restarting. Remember to remove all the files related to setpoint from the computer before reinstalling the application. It worked for me when I was facing the problem and I hope it works for you too.

First check the drivers which are installed on the computer for the keyboard and then remove it. Download the latest drivers for the keyboard and install it on the computer. After reinstalling the drivers, check if all the keys on the keyboard are working without any problems or not. If it does not help then replacing the keyboard is the final solution.