Thread: Logitech Harmony 550 On/Off question

Logitech Harmony 550 On/Off question

I have Logitech Harmony 550. I want my remote to turn on a device irrespective of the other device which brings it to turn on. Is this possible? Is Logitech thinking about the same thing or already have this feature? If it is already available then can you provide me how to use it? I usually use my remote to turn it on /off to/from the sleep mode. But the problem is that this is only one time and it doesn't work the next time I want the same operation. I have seen some other remote control which does the same task.

Re: Logitech Harmony 550 On/Off question

Even I was thinking about the same thing. I also wanted Logitech to have some kind of timer flexibility which could bring the remote control from the sleep mode. But I think I have seen this only working on Windows Media Center edition. I am not sure although and so you should reconfirm if it is applicable on your operating system as well with your remote control.

Certainly this is not at all possible with the Logitech Harmony 550. This remote control does neither have any such kind of scheduling capabilities nor the way to know the current status of any external device for your commands. You will find some other options like turning on the power strip with the help of some module using the timer device.

Yes it is possible to turn on/off a device irrespective of any device which turned it on/off. You will get all the information about the same if you press the Help button. All you need to know is if the device is powered on. This is not possible through the remoter since it operates in one way. However the only problem that you can face with the sleep timer is that the remote control is unaware about the current status of the device. This is because the remote control assumes that the device is by default ON. Thus you can shut it off manually.