Thread: SDHC Cards, Canon HF200, and iMovie Conversion

SDHC Cards, Canon HF200, and iMovie Conversion

I don't know very much about camcorders and digital video. I have heard good about Canon HF200. I have some question regarding it, please help me to fix this problem.
    1. I have heard that it is very difficult to convert video file from the pen drive to iMovie. Is this true?
    2. I am planning to buy Transcend 32gb SDHC card. Do I need anything else to use this card on my computer.
    3.Canon suggested to use minimum of Class 4 SDHC card. Is there any need to get more than Class 6?
    Please help me with SDHC Cards, Canon HF200, and iMovie Conversion.
    Thank you.

Re: SDHC Cards, Canon HF200, and iMovie Conversion

I think Canon HF200 is very nice camcorder. Good product but disappointed to have found instead of the card SANDISK 4GB SDHD, a map of the full mark visibly lower quality ... On the other hand, the sound quality leaves a bit to be desired. Unless this is due to the SDHD card provided. This camcorder is a appeal not bad, it changes from 900 MV to say the only complaint files in the memory card. But this camcorder is a wonder he once made me not regret the purchase, remains on the team and the microphone dm-100.

The camera is excellent compared to its price, in terms of quality videos. He is less at the pictures but it renders services in the field. The software suite supplied with the camcorder does not work for me under Windows 7. It works better under Mac even if its interest is limited compared to a video editing suite. Windows 7 does not recognize the device as a removable disk, which prevents transfer of data to the PC. I had to buy a card reader with USB added. A final point on packages available: a second is available in stores (the one I bought - 599) and contains an extra battery. But it does not worth compared to that offered on the site because of costs 100 less and the battery is slightly less than 90. This product is for me the best value for money.

The HF200 is a neat camera. His case is very lightweight (340 g), relatively compact (12 cm long) and a mixed gray and black lacquer finish that gives it a look "upscale." The activation of the camera triggers the opening of the LCD Power button knowing that can force the extinction or ignition. A knob on the right flank to switch to camera mode or Photo. At this stage, one that seeks only to film in "full automatic" - a majority of publicly owned, will use anything other than the record button and zoom.

The SDHC them, can go up to 16GB! And the standard is in its infancy as we should find cards that can store 32GB of data a few times. Compared to conventional SD, SDHC also provides the new classification for speed. In practice, the ACC are well respected by the manufacturers, but some still stand out as much of others.

Good ergonomics, easy to use, lightweight and compact, the SD card included allows shooting in 20 minutes and maximum flow definition. The image is good or very good, especially indoors. The 25p mode is very interesting: more problem interleaving! Compatible with Mac os. Only drawback: no wide angle, which means taking a step back.

The image quality of the HF200 is fabulous. Day and night compared to my mini DV camcorder SD. The HF200, thanks to the solution of the SDHD card is very small and lightweight and can be transported easily. Only drawback of this compact and lightweight that it must be careful image stability. If the menus are clear enough, the screen quality and beautiful black lacquer finish. We really like having something upscale. Regarding the editing software visibly poor quality, I put the CD in the trash illico because it is not Mac compatible. Anyway I prefer iMovie HD, sensational simplicity. A 4GB SDHD card seems really ridiculous when you see that take place the files in full HD. Prefer a 16 GB (Class 4 minimum) that will ensure you a little over an hour and a half of shooting in the highest quality (and more when you go down a little definition).