Thread: Can't setup Yamaha Keyboard with Garageband!

Can't setup Yamaha Keyboard with Garageband!

I am running with the 1.42ghz MDD PM that is with a yamaha ypt-300 and a midi/usb cable which is commonly doesn't need any kind of drivers to run that properly.

The cable displays up in midi audio configuration as well as in my usb preferences tab, and garageband tells that "1 midi device is connected", but I am unable to get to any sounds from the computer. I try to configure up the software instrument but there is no luck to play anything . Am I saying in the sense of thinking that some software instrument should be able to be managed through the keyboard without any setup requirements ? Any help would be appreciated .

Re: Can't setup Yamaha Keyboard with Garageband!

You should try to manipulating around with some functions that need to happen on your keyboard. Commonly, you will have to switch the keyboard's midi send function on. You need to just move in the procedure of the parameters of the keyboard and find out if you are able to configure anything which has to do with 'midi'. That could be happened and I can consider about this. If the machine detects the keyboard, the issue seems as lies with the keyboard....

As I don't have so much knowledge about the hardware stuff . I was going fine with the recording procedure without any issues on my old mac. Before one day , I received a new Macbook and having a really bad time finding out the actual issue behind this and I am trying to get my Yamaha PSR-225GM synthesizer to register on Garage band through the Yamaha Midi interface. I have completed the procedure of downloading of latest driver and I am able to get it in the tools MIDI configurations part and in the system preferences part but because of some reason, it would not register in Garage band. Any ideas.....

I know you are going well but you should go with the proper procedure and you should be aware about something in this situation . I am not much sure about current status about how the Yamaha interface is going on but if I rearrange everything properly , in the past there were number of reports suggests that it didn't work with this properly with Macs and/or as you called GarageBand.

Thanks for this prompt response and very much appreciated to introduce me about this one new concept . As for your information, I have fiddled with the connections from both of the nodes . Would you tell me something more about the settings that I have currently, What should be the Audio input and output settings need to be configured on that ? I have tried them on entire configurations to no available . It suggests that the midi peripheral is well connected but I am unable to get it to see when I try to play this .

Hi guys , currently, I a working with the logic pro. SO I am not pretty sure about the procedure to connect midi instruments to garageband but you may need at once to work with the midi channel specification within the software itself. You should try all of the channels and even the omni/all "channel". Commonly, this is the issue with the connection with the "sound" raising via you and even if this displays that it is plugged within the program. It's worth a shot.

I am completely a newbie for garage band, so this could be answered by me.May be, I am going something wrong . BUT!, The midi IN and midi OUT1/2 blown on my usb midi interface and not getting light up entirely !.

Even though it tells that there is a midi input in garage band that might just be the USB section of the lead lying to this. I have used everything for testing these things ,I am not sure where I am able to get into more advanced midi configuration in garage band.