Thread: How get configure and find model of Aiport Extreme

How get configure and find model of Aiport Extreme

I got a Apple Airport Extreme Base Station. I had purchased the same on ebay. I am not aware about the model number of the Airport station. How to find the model of the same. Second thing I does not know how to use the same. I need some help for installation the same on the network. It is a new simultaneous dual-band version which I am using right now. Thanks in advance.

Re: How get configure and find model of Aiport Extreme

I had too purchased the same from Ebay. It is really easy to use on the mac network. It offers best support on Ethernet network which you can use as plug and play device. After doing a bit research I found that the part number which I am using is MB053LL/A. I think this might be the same for you. The current version is MC340LL/A. Just check somewhere in the manual.

I do not understand the issue here. I get the same Airport Extreme as you, and if I connect a hard drive on the USB terminal, it is mounted on the desktop when I switch it on it gives problem. When I connect my laser printer is recognized and also to print, it must first have installed the drivers on the Mac, then go to Utilities > Printer Setup > Add, and then it should detect the printer that is connected to the Airport (Location Hello) and you do add it again.

The back cover of Airport extreme features a rich connectivity with a USB port, so it is possible to connect an external hard drive, printer, or a USB key, or the 3 at the same time using a HUB. As for connecting a hard drive or USB drive is the solution for sharing files like pictures, videos, music, etc. very easily. The back cover also offers one WAN port 10/100/1000 Ethernet on which we connect a DSL or cable.

You will get a CD with the Airport Utility. Install the application from that. Once the application is installed, and the terminal connected to a DSL or cable modem via an Ethernet cable, just launch the AirPort Utility to administer the router. In launching the application, are offered two choices one is manual configuration or configuration for beginner through a Continue button. This mode helps simplify things for beginners but it is obviously less complete than the manual mode.

The Summary tab in the Airport tab shows basic information like the name of the terminal, the name of the Wi-Fi, the state of the terminal, etc. The tab under Access Point sets the name of terminal and password that allow access to the interface. This allows to use multiple terminals to extend the Wi-Fi without connecting via an Ethernet cable.

To find the MAC address of a computer, simply go to System Preferences, then Network, and the Airport tab. The address is listed after Airport ID example in my case it is 00:17: F2: EE: 63: B0, it is also possible to click on the button This computer which is a part of the filtering to obtain its MAC address. On Windows, the MAC address is specified in the start menu, clicking Run. Then simply type cmd to open editor command line and there type ipconfig / all. The MAC address is indicated on the line Physical Address. On Mac OS X it is also possible to type ifconfig-a in Terminal.