Thread: Subwoofer for Studiophile AV 40

Subwoofer for Studiophile AV 40

I am planning to buy the subwoofer for matching with a set of M-audio Studiophile AV 40 speakers. For me quality is most important but I there is problem I am short of money. My budget is limited to $100. If my budget is un-reasonable then please correct me, but keep one thing in mind that I am not looking for perfection. I am going to use it mainly for movies.

Re: Subwoofer for Studiophile AV 40

M-Audio Studiophile AV 40 Powered. According to me these speaker are awesome, in these speaker everything is fairly balanced. You can easily implement and it has a high quality construction. Some of its features are:
    1. It is magnetically shielded
    2. For the superior image it comprises of OptImage III tweeter wave guides
    3. Woofers are made up of polypropylene

I would like to help but I am not able to get any replies. I thing I must go with what is given in the review, according to that I must go with Polk PSW10. In case I will do my best to remember to update everybody is interested on how well the pair is working. I think that Polks will be good for me. If you have any other suggestions then your reply are most welcome.

I have done my part for the consumer research on speakers, and the Polk are generally provides great product they stand behind. If you look from the specification part then it is an average, according to me. I mean it is the most saavy audiophile and you will enjoy it. The only thing I am not sure of is if you plug in with the AV 40's.

Hi,

Even I am looking for a matching Subwoofer for AV40. Please let us know your findings.

Thanks

I have a Polk Audio PSW10 sub-woofer and it is best bang for the buck. PSW10 is a great addition to any system that has no subwoofer speaker. It will also enhance your multimedia experience. Below is its technical specifications:

Speakers
    Type Speaker - Interior
    Color - Black
    Number of speakers - 1
    Frequency - 35Hz - 200Hz
    Sensitivity - NA
    Power - NA
    Recommended amplifier power - NA
    Impedance - NA

Extreme Bass
    Power amplification - 50 watts
    Distributor - Yes
    Stereo - Yes
    To vent - Yes

I am having a pair of M-audio studiophile AV 40’s and I was thinking that what I have to do for connecting them to subwoofer of any kind. Currently I am using them for my computer system via a head phone jack. One more thing can anybody suggest me subwoofer for them. I am ready to spend £100 but not more than that.

As far as I know AV 40 does not support any subwoofer output on the active speaker so you can not connect it directly. You may have sub-out port depending on your sound card. If you are having that sub out port then you can connect subwoofer to it. If you are looking for that then there is no problem with the price range. But if your sound card does not have that then you have to install the sound card that is having the port.