Thread: Good Cheap HTPC, Folding & File System Build

Good Cheap HTPC, Folding & File System Build

Hi,
    I want to get a new htpc for my home theater. I have two choice here. Either I go for a customized system for myself or else I should buy any existing model from the market. But I will switch for the first option first where I can get the same on much affordable cost. But that will need lots of customization. Other than this what are the ready made system that are available in the market right now.

Re: Good Cheap HTPC, Folding & File System Build

I had upgraded to iMac 27" media center pc. The design has close monitoring of technological developments. Ultra-Screen, Intel instead of good old PowerPC memory quantity. But precisely the time when all-in-one PC is a touch screen syste and comes with dedicated applications for this kind of interface. Obviously, to give a nice output in this there is are nice RAM, a processor Apple glue that holds the road, a Core 2 Duo 3.06 GHz. If this is not enough you can opt for a Core 2 Duo 3.33 GHz which is optional.

It is rather worth paying fully for a media center system then getting a assembled system. The iMac is an ice choice for those. Very easy and stylish looking system. The 20-inch leaves room at 21.5 inches while in high-end, 24 inches is replaced by a gigantic 27 inches. And Apple is hitting hard with tariffs relatively affordable. Just have a look on the same.

Powered by an Intel Pentium E5300 2.6 GHz with 4 GB of RAM, the Gateway One ZX6800 includes a video chip Intel GMA X4500 for display in a resolution 1920 x 1080 pixels, a 5.1 audio track for High Definition and part Ethernet / Wi-Fi Internet connection. For data, it has a SATA hard disk with a capacity of 750 GB to 7200 operating revolutions per minute, a memory card reader and a DVD player. Not to mention the few USB ports and eSATA port. But this is a bit costly.

For getting a customize system for media center system you will need lots of work to do. Dell has launched Studio One 19, a computer all-in-one at an affordable price. It offers you 18.5" screen with a inbuilt webcam. Other than this it has Intel Celeron or Core 2 (3Ghz max), 4GB RAM (max), 750GB (max) HDD which is easy to change and NVIDIA GF 9200 or 9400 . There are several colors provided for this.

I will stick to Apple iMAc. It has on board memory with a 27 inches screen and a different tend to look at the graphics card and hard drive. At entry level, the 21.5 inches had to settle for a storage space of 500GB (7200 rpm) and Nvidia GeForce 9400M. Note that the latter may assist the central processor through LC Technology Open in Mac OS X Snow Leopard.

Gateway LX 6810-01 is also a nice option for the same. It includes discrete graphics card configuration includes a TV tuner and remote control chassis offers plenty of room for economic expansion. It does have wi-fi and hard drive smaller than the competition. I think this computer really god for an entry level media center system. But for money this is costly.