Thread: Belkin router won't connect to Paradyne DSL modem

Belkin router won't connect to Paradyne DSL modem

Hi,
    I have a Paradyne DSL modem which is connected to my PC. I had purchased a Belkin router to share the internet connection on my laptop. But when I connected the same modem with router the internet does not work. I had tried to install the same directly to the system but still there is no page display on the screen. Does the router is not compatible with the modem I mentioned.

Re: Belkin router won't connect to Paradyne DSL modem

In my case the modem has a single entrance and exit with rj11 usb and I want to connect the modem to a router link. I am not able to connect the router and modem is also not responding. I had check out the same on a different setup where it works. I had updated the drivers and replaced my modem. The problem is solved now. I think the modem was not proper

I have some doubt in this case too. I have a Linksys BEFW11S4 wireless router, a USB modem and two PC. I want to share the internet connection between 2 PC. The simplest course would be to buy a wireless router with integrated modem, but it already has a wireless router. I heard that it was possible to connect an ethernet modem and a wireless router so basically make a real wireless router with integrated modem.

The ADSL Modem RJ45 used here incorporates a router. Two models are proposed connection, Ethernet networking. Either network connection with a HUB (or switch). The device is then used as DSL router and allows direct sharing of Internet connection. Or, connect directly to a PC equipped with an Ethernet card 10 (or 100). In this case, the device is used as an ADSL modem.

The second device which can be a a firewall on a router hardware, will serve him as a router and the router Tornado will be used to bridge mode. Note the difference in connection with the cable RJ45. In the case of a PC, using an RJ45 crossover cable . In our case, as it is a router and not a HUB, we also use a crossover cable. So there you need to work on.

I have a modem which are quiet complete to configure. Those belong to Tornado company. They are configured by using a special too. This is often a problem with the new operating systems (programs incompatible). The ADSL modem must be directly connected to a network adapter to be configured. The installation program is accessible to any computer enthusiast. After installation, there are 2 software, a configuration and a monitor. You can check the monitor drive firmware version.

In the case of a connection via the router, the method used is bridged, in the case of a bond by HUB or direct mode connection is PPPoE. The only difference between a direct connection and a connection HUB is connected to the gateway that can be completed in the configuration of the PC which is not always necessary. In settings, select TCP / IP network card and enter the TCP / IP gateway, in our case 200.1.1.1. Remember to click to add.