Thread: HP LaserJet 1100 not able to work under Windows 7

HP LaserJet 1100 not able to work under Windows 7

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 operating system. I have a Hp Laserjet 1100. The problem is that the device is not able to detect well. I have no idea what could have been the reason for the same. Please do help me out so that I can make the issue to be sorted well. Thank you.

Re: HP LaserJet 1100 not able to work under Windows 7

The problem that you are facing may probably be due to the driver that is been installed may have some issues. So in order to get the things to be worked well it is essential that you get the latest driver or make it function by getting another pack of the same. Do check out for the thing. You may then be able to sort the issue.

It could be that the driver you installed may be corrupt and hence in order to get it functioned you need to reinstall the same. So in order to work out well for it all you need to do is to open the control panel option and then in the add/remove program option choose the desired application. Now click on remove button and then restart the system. Now install the new application and then check out for the change.

Another way through which you can make the device to detect can be by installing the driver under compatibility mode. All you need to do is to right click on the drivers installer file and then install it under compatibility mode for Windows Xp. Do look out for the same. You may then get to a better solution. Look out.

You can use the same by installing the compatibility tools for Windows Xp or Vista under Windows 7 from the compatibility center. This may then allow the application to function well and get the things to process accordingly. It will then make use of the features of the installed tool that may then help to get compatible and work with the system. Look out for it.

You can perform a clean boot service that may also help in sorting the issue. All you need to do is to open the start menu and type msconfig in the search box option. Hit enter. Now as it is done you need to check out for the Hide all Microsoft services under the selective startup tab. Disable the services and then restart the system. I hope this may help you out well for sorting the thing.

Run the system under safe mode option. You may then be able to perform well accordingly. As the compatibility is the problem due to which you are not able to work or process accordingly. So the safe mode will help you to get the issue to work and process. This is because safe mode has no embedded features that may let you to get the issue to be sorted. Do check out.