Thread: Sony Vaio VGN-CR363 keyboard problems

Sony Vaio VGN-CR363 keyboard problems

Hi everybody,

After using my laptop today evening, i didn't turn it off and i underway working on it this afternoon. I was very shocked to notice that some of the keys were not working anymore. These keys are not in the same row but seem casual. I have a sony VGN-CR363 . Please help. Thanks in advance.

This problem is solved by pressing "fn" key and "num lk scroll" keys down collected, not "Caps lock" in its place of "fn". Try both, you will see. i guess you pressing the keys arbitrarily and the problem became solved. Check if the light is "on" formerly the "fn" key is lively and tresses the functions on the keys eg. "U" becomes "4. Check and reply.

Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CR363 keyboard problems

You need to try and double check all settings relate to keyboard and mouse by following below steps. Go to control panel- Mouse, double check it has not altered the settings the way normally works for left-right click and wheel. Regarding keyboard, go to control panel, regional and language settings. Double check all settings are fine there. Check this.

Re: Sony Vaio VGN-CR363 keyboard problems

Have you installed newly any software or hardware? I trust you must have done this, but shut down laptop completely and connect all exterior devices and boot up and see everything works fine? if everything is okay then I would endorse to try different external mouse/keyboard to just test. Because if all settings are good and internal keyboard/mouse not operational properly then it could be hardware issue within connection issue of keyboard/mouse connected to motherboard. All the best.

I am sure you necessity have strained but try to use different USB ports. If you’re external mouse/keyboard are PS2 connection (Round Connector Green and Purple) then definitely it’s a driver issue. Let me know which operating system you are using and external keyboard/mouse model/brand names. Check and reply.

I create out the problem - it is a bad keyboard that speciously is common in Vaio's . You can buy a extra SONY keyboard from a lot of sites on-line for about $70 max and then I acquired it to a local computer repair shop to have it installed. You strength be able to do it yourself. In the interim, you can plug in a USB keyboard and use that. Confidence this helps.

If your keyboard is recognized by the system try going in the device manager (Right-click 'My computer", Proprieties, goes on the Hardware tab and chooses "Device Manager") and check if it's a software problem:
    1. Find "Keyboards" in Device manager if not present.
    2. If here is a "keyboards" and it shows your keyboard model (ex: "Standard 101/102-Key or Natural PS/2 Keyboard") effort right clicking and "Uninstall" its driver, then rebooting.
    3. Wait for Windows to install the new hardware (Keyboard), or if your keyboard derived with a CD or diskette install from there. Reboot again to be sure resolved you issues.