Thread: Headphones for hearing impaired

Headphones for hearing impaired

Hello friends,
    I never heard any mp3 songs from my mobile phone due to hearing aids in my ear. I am looking for headphones through which I can hear mp3 songs. I unable to find it in any store. I wear hearing aids in both ears. Can anyone tell me which are the best headphones for hearing impaired?
    Please help me. Thank you.

Re: Headphones for hearing impaired

You have to use Williams Sound EAR008 - Wide Range Single-Sided Earphone. This Williams Sound EAR 008 model is lightweight, solidly constructed and will hang on either ear. It provides excellent sound quality and works best with low to moderate gain applications.
    You get this only for $16.99 .
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I think you have to use headphone that are custom made. It means that they must be like something specially made for hearing impaired people. If you look out for such type of headphone in regular stores, then you will not find such type of headphone there. You have to look out in such type of store where there product made on hearing impaired people only.

You have to use SoundLearning® 2.0. Enjoy the freedom of a completely automated and individualized hearing experience whether you’re listening in quiet, in noise, or enjoying music. You’ll have fewer follow-up fittings and the confidence of knowing you’re hearing exactly as you prefer in varying environments.

You have to use Sennheiser AudioMetric Headphone HDA280. Designed for use with audiometers for evaluating patients with hearing concerns.
    The HDA 280 is specially designed for hearing tests for frequencies up to 12kHz. Headphones Specs:
    Transducer Principle Dynamic, closed
    Frequency Response <20Hz to >20kHz
    Weight W Cable 330g
    Characteristic Spl SPL (at 1kHZ, 1mW) 117dB
    Ear Coupling Supra-aural

I would recommended you Sennheiser AudioMetric Headphone HDA200. Closed dynamic headphones designed for extended high frequency testing. General Specifications

Transducer Principle dynamic, closed
    Nominal Impedance 40 Ohms
    Weight W Cable 10.6 oz. (w/cable)
    Characteristic Spl 100 dB at 1 kHz, 1 mW
    Ear Coupling Circumaural
    Headband Pressure 10 N

You have to use Sony MDRIF3000 | Wireless Headphones. Enter a world without wires, the MDR-IF3000 are for anyone requiring an additional set of headphones for use with their MDR-DS3000 infrared wireless headphones. Perfect for listening to DVD players and other components with Dolby Digital, Dolby Surround or DTS Surround Sound. These unique open-air headphones are comfortable, cordless and have a 23 foot transmission range, a 90° transmission angle and a self-adjusting headband.

linoo, so what did you do in the end?
    I do not see how the mentioned Sennheiser headphones etc may help you. if you have a large hearing loos, and I guess you do no thave a symmetrical loss, you need to have good fitting possibilities.
    if your hearing aids have tcoil, you can use neck loops together with your hearing aids. there is also the possibility to directly connect your hearing aids to the mp3 player with cables. It depends on the connection inferfaces of your aids. you can check out sennheiser.com for the accessory, since we already mentioned the company.

what i find more interesting is why is there no headphone on the market which can be personally adjusted to one`s hearing loss? there are a lot of people around with hearing loss who like to listen to music and tv...but might have the burden to listen to "ugly" sound via their hearing aids!?

I am aware of a TV listening system with infrared headset receiver standard. It is a Infrared System, lightweight, TV listening Designed specifically for the deaf it allows a very good understanding of emissions, without disturbing the surroundings. The brand which one you mentioned is really nice and it also offers lots of support on the same. As the unit does not close the ear canal, you still hear the noise.