Thread: Macbook battery purchasing issue

Macbook battery purchasing issue

I have some generic batteries compatible with 13" Macbook. But it has died some time ago, so I finally decided to get a new one. But the Apple provides it at around $180 whereas I can find the similar battery much cheaper ($52 approx.) locally. So I would like to ask you is what you suggest me regarding battery purchase. Should I go for a cheaper battery and may be some Chinese batteries available at local vendor or some branded solutions. What do you want to say about their usability, and reliability? Is there any risk involved in using those batteries?

Re: Macbook battery purchasing issue

I would not suggest to go for some Chinese batteries. They are simple crappy in my opinion. It even sometimes burn your devices. In India Chinese products are famous for their faulty products and so it is better to stick with some branded batteries although they are costly but at least a better solution.

There are many people who have very good experience about such things and faced issues with Chinese batteries and so they just hate Chinese products. When we see how Apple is key to replace a battery, these batteries are legitimate alternatives. Normally there are marks, some even guarantees several years. Look in the priority reviews

I have visited the vendors site and almost all of the users over there have good feedback but when talking about guarantees I have some doubts since some vendors ensure their battery have 3 years warranty period!

Basically nothing really distinguishes batteries found on ebay and that is why I'd like if any one have tried these batteries and if they could tell me what happens.

I personally would not recommend you to purchase those things from ebay since it doesn't provide any certification of the origin of the product or no direct contact. I don't criticise eBay but eBay transaction completely depends on the product that you are buying. You may sometime get some products from eBay if the product is branded one where care is been taken of the users.

Personally, I don't think the battery is the "high tech" component of most computer. It is true that there is a processor to ensure optimal energy management, and some batteries do ignite in a ball of incandescent. I also know that it is always better to buy a branded product than a generic one. But after a long research I found a battery for my macbook at a cheaper price tag and so I am little bit confused. My usage is also not much, so a cheaper battery suits my needs. I think I will go for it.