Thread: DVD-RAM Playback

DVD-RAM Playback

I am suffering with some issues with playing back DVD-RAM disks. First I tried my desktop, it has two optical drives and executed Windows 2000.

Both of them replied with "incorrect function" when I used to access the drive letter, however, burning software were able to detects a DVD-RAM in the drive, and imaging programs were able to rip a ISO that I could browse with WinRAR. I don't have any idea how to play the disk or mount and play the ISO. I used my laptop, that runs Windows 7 BETA 7000. On Side B, attempting to open the drive letter automatically started Windows Media Player where as I made disabled autorun and tried to play it but it was just a blank screen. The button had the pause icon on it instead of play so I guess it was trying to play but the scroll bar for the timer was not going to be continue.

DVD-RAM Playback

There are so many operating systems such as Mac OS (Mac OS 8.6 up to Mac OS X), Linux and Microsoft Windows XP compatible with DVD-RAM operation directly, while previous versions of Windows needed device drivers or the program InCD.

Windows XP Home and Professional can only write directly to FAT32-formatted DVD-RAM discs. For UDF-formatted discs,that are assumed faster, compatible device drivers or software just as InCD or DLA are needed.

DVD-RAM Playback

Thanks for your suggestion and I figured out some problem within my configuration of system. And I already explained that the wrong function thing on my Windows 2000 desktop can be responsible for this, It is my opinion and now I need your help to sort it out. On other hand ,my Windows 7 Laptop clearly was able to read it, I just don't have an application for playing it.

DVD-RAM Playback

There are so many software's can be used to play the the DVD, you need to try this using them. You can get more information about the player and they can be downloaded from the internet as a free product.

You can find the software from here and try to download it from the following link :

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...nts_en_US.html

DVD-RAM Playback

If you are getting constantly the same message or indication with your computer system then you need to contact with the manufacturer. Just call then they can provide the best solution or if anything related to the hardware issues then you can replace it and ask him for the problem first and whatever the recommendation, you can go ahead for replacement...

Thanks