Thread: Display port to HDMI - Latitude E6400

Display port to HDMI - Latitude E6400

I am running with a Dell Latitude E6400 and need to connect the laptop with my TV (Samsung LCD through HDMI. I also purchased a DisplayPort to HDMI Adapterbut there is some issue with my implementation.

My TV still complain, that no HDMI device is connected. I am using Windows 7 x64 with the nVidia driver from dell.com.I am not sure ,What's going wrong here?

I think your graphics driver that you have installed is going wrong way that is causing this type error, you need to try Nvidia drivers form Nvidia.com means officially according to your carrying system configuration.

Use the Nvidia Control Panel for enabling your secondary display means TV display. Within that panel ,you should have so many options that you can play to try to get to work. We also have to feel that your adapter also might be cracked (manufacture issues ?)

Thank you for your reply. I do the same thing whatever you were saying but there are some problem also there because I am new guy to do this operation and finally I entered in the nvidia section.

On nvidia Panel I am unable to see any secondary display there. I tried to take a new one nvidia driver. If this doesn't work I try to get a new one.

OK friend no problem but it is very basic things, you need to cover it up yourself but don't worry ! we are always here to help you.

In the Nvidia Control Panel, just move under the section as "Display" > "Setup multiple Display" section. You would get a link there named as "My display is not shown...", right under the white box. Click on it, and see if it comes into your helps.One thing more to remember, your TV must be turned on, and the right input mode is selected, else the input may be detected.

This one is the sugestion for those guys whoever is working on Displayport & Windows7 ? They can be facilitate with the following suggestions as follows :

On an m6400. I required to click on "detect displays" button in the nvidia multi-monitor configuration section to find it . I use the VGA output though as the displayport output is posterized on my monitor (looks like its using 16bit, not 24bit it is set to).