Thread: Volume buttons not functioning on Latitude D800 laptop

Volume buttons not functioning on Latitude D800 laptop

I have a Latitude D800 and suffering with some media issues with my laptop. When I got it as a new then the volume buttons on the keyboard was working very fine but after sometime I got it has been stopped and not working. I don;t know why it is happening.

According to the situation, I did the following :

- quickset update (1.2.6)

- Sigmatel Audio board driver update (6.14.01.3794, A06)

But not getting any positive solution .What mistake, I have done, do you all have any suggestion regarding this ?

Hello, Are you installing or configuring windows first time on the machine means are you a fresh guy to do this or you have done it before.

Dear, you must be sure about the proper configuration and installation of the utilities to manage your devices related to the sound and if you are going free in this situation then you need to do another task and enter into the sound manager whatever sound driver you have installed and configure the necessary option to activate the sound control because sometimes if you have disable the any option from the driver then you device would not move anymore.

Just be sure that you have installed the current driver properly or not. One thing more the driver that you have installed is compatible with your board or not. The compatibility issue can cause this error to drive your sound related devices.

If you are not getting fit with above problem then you need to update your installed driver which can fix this problem .

I also consider on your problem and found that it should not be the issue of your device, It is caused by your installed driver that need updates with the latest version.

If you are getting failed for the exact solution then you can reinstall the driver and then reboot your system and feel the changes what you are receiving now.

You can investigate a test to get what actually it is ocurred by the software or related to the hardware , To perform the test you need to do the following :

Go to desktop and click on start menu .
    Select RUN from the list and type msconfig
    Then after click on disable all button and restart your system

Now check your buttons are working or not , if they are not working then move back to msconfig and enable everything that you made disable , then contact to the manufacturer.