Thread: External DVD drive is not working with the Samsung NC10

External DVD drive is not working with the Samsung NC10

I am having the Samsung NC10 netbook which has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. I am facing the problem with the External DVD drive in this netbook of the samsung. When i am connecting the External DVD drive to Samsung NC10 netbook then it does not detected by the laptop. So i think the the external DVD drive is not working with the Samsung NC10 netbook.

Re: External DVD drive is not working with the Samsung NC10

You are having the Samsung NC10 netbook and this netbook has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. There is problem with the external DVD drive with this Samsung netbok. According to you the external DVD drive is not working with the Samsung NC10 netbook. Make sure that the external DVD drive is connected properly to the netbook.

First of all you have not mentioned the exact problem that you are facing with this Samsung NC10 netbook when you are connecting the external DVD drive to this netbook. So it will be better for us, if you will provide the proper details of the problem which you are facing. According to the type of the problem we will be providing the solution for the issue.

I think the External DVD player which you are connecting to the Samsung NC10 netbook is not detected by the netbook and as the result it is not shown in the my computer of the laptop. It is possible that the USB cable of the external DVD drive is damaged and not working properly. So connect it to some other system and check it is working or not.

If it is not working with other computer or laptops then it is the time to change the USB cable of the external DVD drive which you are connecting to the Samsung NC10 netbook. This will resolve the issue. If not then may be the USB port of the Samsung NC10 netbook is not working or may be it is disabled from the device manager. So enable it and try again by connecting the external DVD drive to the netbook.

If the external DVD drive is not detected by the Samsung NC10 netbook after changing the USB cable then i think this is the issue of the external DVD drive itself. So it better to replace it with the new one. So take it to the shop from where you bought it and ask them for the replacement. I dont think so there will be any problem in that for you.