Thread: 35mm Negative scanner

35mm Negative scanner

Hello,
    I wish to purchase a negative scanner 35mm and medium format (6x6). I was told that some scanner "normal" had "adapters" for scanning negatives. What scanner can you advise me? The scanners "normal" they produce good work with negatives? Any help on this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: 35mm Negative scanner

Hello,
    If you have a digital camera, you can try scanning a hand in macro mode, or with ring macro objective. It works pretty well if you tinkering something correct. You just process the image (reversed colors, crop ...) and it's good. After if you want a professional use (but good with 100euros, impossible), I can guarantee you the high reliability of the final. Example: DIY Film Scanner and Camera Database Used lightbox Blog.

Hello,
    The difference between scanner and scanner negative is that it has a lamp to illuminate the negative. So if you have a normal scan, you may be trying to cobble together a light above uniform and sufficiently powerful. I think about it before I was ready a "real" negative scanner, to check if it works too. I guess I am correct and this information will help you. If you need any more help regarding this then please let me know.

Hello,
    Even i am looking for a similar kind of a solution for this. I found something opportunity at its see this, I do not know what PLUSTEK worth, but my usage is not professional. Me doing the camera with film, I bring neg to develop, and I want to scan neg then see what I want to shoot or not. Because everything to make or cause to be board contacts is fairly expensive, especially in medium format. What do you think of this scanner PLUSTEK? any help regarding this wil be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,
    I suggest you take a look at the occasions. There are some flatbed scanners from Epson works that make a "honest" below the range of the V700. Alas, I can not remember the model that had helped out (no longer manufactured but always found on the secondhand market) before acquiring the V700 Photo and its Dual Lens System that gives me currently satisfaction.

Hello,
    Scanning negatives is always a problem, at least if you want quality. I am familiar with the matter being pro photographer and especially after having been for some years as head of digital service of a large Parisian lab, thus forcing the neg. scanning. To do so, the problem is simply the mask that is different for different films, so when you want quality you will have to consider everything to make an adjustment to the small onion. Now, maybe your need does not go that far.