Thread: Troubles with USB drive ports on Satellite L305 S5902

Troubles with USB drive ports on Satellite L305 S5902

Having some problem related to the USB and PCMCIA drivers of my notebook. The machine suddenly not detecting all USB ports (I cannot connect any USB device or SD memory).

When I tried to connect the USB based devices, Getting a error message says that "The USB device is not recognized". After this error, I checked again for any possibility and then downloaded associated drivers to be detection of SD memory, BIOS, flash memory, chipset and h/w setup from the Toshiba website, however there was no any method that can resolved the issues.Do you all have any suggestion regarding this issue ??

Windows OS provides some tools to find out the causes and finally allow you to connect your device. The device manager is one of the tool through which you can detect your connected device, have you tried that or not.

You can try through the Device Manager and remove means uninstall entire devices which causes the problems and then restart your computer system. Windows will automatically re-install them. This method always resolve the problem.

Thank you very much, I have solved my problem after getting some difficulties during installation and removing of the devices.

I got your suggestion and tried to the same , I started to uninstall all the USB devices particularly and then i rebooted the system and a hardware wizard comes up and asking for a search of the devices and I started the search as well and with some different options, It was asking to insert the disk for the driver but I am not getting which one it is talking about because you already said that the windows will install the drivers automatically. I came back and selected another option for automatic installation.

hello guys,

I am also having the close issue that you all have seen earlier and i followed the same procedure but not getting any solution.

I have wireless mouse and it just stopped working and a message saying "USB Device Not Recognized" pops up from the tray every few seconds. I started to unplug the wireless mouse and uninstalled it.I followed the same procedure that is entitled above but the same message is being pope-up again and again as "USB Device Not Recognized" . I have no idea what to do now.

OK, You tried all these things but not getting any solution like that then you need to take some another steps for that . If uninstallation of the USB devices in Device Manager is not getting fix the issue and a restore to factory out of box state is not able to solve the issue then can understand that it's more than likely a hardware failure which would probably require replacing the motherboard.

The next one solution is that just try to unplug the AC adapter, remove the battery and then hold the power button down for a minimum of 30 seconds. Now replace the battery and plug in the AC, power it up and see if the USB ports work now or not.