Thread: Sony Vaio memory card reader and camera does not work!

Sony Vaio memory card reader and camera does not work!

Hello. I have a Sony VAIO VGC-LT25E desktop machine and it is been installed with Windows 7 64bit version operating system. I have a memory card reader and camera associated with Sony Vaio. The problem is that the devices are not getting detected or able to work with the system. I have no idea what could be the issue? So please do help me out in order to get the things to get worked well. Thank you.

Re: Sony Vaio memory card reader and camera does not work!

The issue could well being be relate to the drivers that you might have installed to the system inorder to get the things to work out correctly. Do check out for the same that there is no issue related or any bugs been appended to the same. It would be very much essential in order to make the things to work out well. So do check out. This would then help in sorting the issue.

There is a possibility that the operating system Windows 7 might have been upgraded install. It is that if you have upgraded the system to Windows 7 64bit version then it is essential that you need to upgrade the drivers that is been installed to the system as well. So it would be better that you perform a clean install to the system instead of upgradation. It may help out much more.

The drivers that is been associated with the devices that you need to function are actually been written by the manufacturer. It is indeed essential that you process the feature that is the generic drivers for the same by the manufacturer as Microsoft do not write the same for the devices. So it would be better that you get the latest updated driver for Windows 7.

As per the knowledge Sony has not provided the drivers for Windows 7 64 bit version. The device that you have or need to work has the latest drivers for Windows Vista. So it would be better that you troubleshoot the device or check out under device manager option and make the driver to be updated. This would then help in sorting the issue well. Do check out.

In order to update the driver or make the issue t o be sorted you can proces the feature as follows:

1. Right click on the My computer icon
    2. Now choose properties
    3. Under the Hardware tab choose Device Manager
    4. Now look out for the devices that is been plugged and you want to make it function
    5. Update the drivers for the same.
    6. Restart the system

Have you found an answer to your problem. I have the same computer. I was able to fix the problem with the card reader and if you need the driver you can find it here.

http://forum.vista-driver.org/index....t=0&#entry1871

Please let me know if you found a solution for that camera, I have looked in vain for months now.