Thread: Choosing the UPS for your computer

Choosing the UPS for your computer

Hello friends,
    I am very newbie when the hardware parts comes in scenario. I am having knowledge about the MS Office and basic programming languages. Since, I am facing much issues of the power supply, I want to buy an UPS. Since, I don't know anything about it, can you please help me for choosing the UPS for my computer,.?? Hope that someone would give an immediate response.

Re: Choosing the UPS for your computer

If a power outage occurs while using your computer or any other similar equipment, there is a risk of injury or loss of data. Therefore it is important to protect your equipment with UPS systems. There are two kinds of UPS batteries: the electrolytic and the vented UPS battery. The electrolytic UPS battery, also known as flooded wet cells, is more expensive yet durable. It can last for as long as 20 years. Meanwhile, vented UPS batteries are cheaper but less durable, lasting for only five years.

An uninterruptible power supply (UPS) provides backup power to devices such as computers, appliances and even mobile phones. It stores power by connecting to the device and the outlet. When the power is cut, the UPS will automatically so you can enjoy the uninterrupted use of your device. Used with your computer, a UPS can provide enough time to save data, close programs and shut down properly during power outages.

Both types of UPS systems are the emergency power system (SPS) and the UPS online system. An SPS monitors the power directly to your devices. It automatically converts the battery to the minute, it detects problems with the main outlet. It also has a quick transfer of power to uninterrupted use of the device. The online system allows UPS to continuously use the device, with power cuts. It works even when there is power, storing power from its own system. On-line UPS systems are usually more expensive and more reliable than the SPS.

When purchasing UPS systems, it is important to consider two things: performance and extended warranty. Look for a system that provides UPS Extended Runtime blackout. Before buying a UPS, it is best to check first the compatibility of your device. A UPS incorrectly can cause damage to your device, costing you more money.