Thread: Mouse and keyboard not working with Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard

Mouse and keyboard not working with Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard

Hello friends,
    I have the desktop computer which has the Windows Vista operating system and this desktop computer has the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard. This computer was built 6 month before. But now i am having problem with this desktop. Mouse and keyboard not working with Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard of my desktop computer system. So how can i resolve this issue?

Re: Mouse and keyboard not working with Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard

You are having the desktop computer system which has the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard and you have installed the Windows Vista operating system in your desktop computer. The problem which you are facing is that the mouse and the keyboard is not working with this desktop computer system. There can many reasons for getting this type of the issue. First of all make sure that the mouse and the keyboard connected to the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard is detected by the system.

You are saying that the Mouse and keyboard are not working with the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard of your desktop computer system. So i think you are trying to say that the mouse and the keyboard are not detected by the system when you are starting the desktop. So i will advice you to attach some other mouse and the keyboard to your computer system. If they are detected by the system then the issue is with your mouse and keyboard and if not detected then the issue is with the motherboard of your desktop.

If the other mouse and keyboard is also not detected by the desktop having the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard then i think the USB port which you are using is not working properly. It is either damaged or may be it is disabled from the device manager of your desktop computer system. So try connecting the Mouse and the keyboard to other available USB ports of your desktop computer system. If this works for you. then enable the disabled USB ports of the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard.

If all the USB ports of the Intel DX48BT2 Motherboard is enabled and then also the mouse and keyboard are not working with the desktop then i think there is problem with the mouse and keyboard connection cable. I will advice you to check the USB port of the desktop by attaching pen drive. If the pen drive is detected by the system then the USB ports are working fine. The problem is definitely with the mouse and keyboard.

I will suggest you to buy the new USB mouse and keyboard for your desktop computer system. The desktop computer also comes with the PS2 ports for connecting the mouse and the keyboard to the computer system. So you can also look for that type of the mouse and keyboard. But i will suggest you to get the USB mouse and keyboard and buy the USB to PS2 connector or converter.