Thread: Error Message : No speakers or headphones plugged in

Error Message : No speakers or headphones plugged in

Hi,

I have a recently updated my HP G60-441US laptop from Vista to Windows 7. The update was fine, but there are no speakers problem. I get the Error Message : No speakers or headphones plugged in. my connection has not changed and my audio connection is secure. I have tried it as administrator, and in compatibility mode but the same thing. Can you solve my problem ??

Re: Error Message : No speakers or headphones plugged in

If you use external speakers or headphones, perform the following steps to verify that the sound cables are properly connected to your computer. Cable connectors and plugs are normally for a color code that help connect them. Disconnect the cable from the PC speaker. Plug headphones directly into the connector on the computer's speaker output. If you hear the sound through headphones, the computer's sound hardware is working and the problem is related to your speakers

Disconnect the headphones, reconnect the speakers, and then test the sound again. If you do not hear the sound, replace the speaker cable or repeat the test with different speakers. Make sure you have the headphones connected to the appropriate connector and try again. If you do not hear the sound, continue with another test of this document.

If your speakers are properly connected, or if no sound through built-in speakers, check your sound drivers and devices are appropriate and whether they are properly installed and configured following the steps below.
    1. Click Start, Control Panel, then Hardware and Sound.
    2. Click Manage audio devices under Sound to open the Sound
    3. From the Now Playing tab in the Sound window, click the Speakers icon to activate the Configure button, then click Configure to open the Speaker Configuration window.
    4. Select the option that represents your speaker setup from the Audio channels field, and then click Test.
    5. If you hear the sound from each speaker, or if you changed the type of configuration, click Next to continue with the speaker setup, and then follow the instructions on screen to complete the speaker setup.

Go to the website Download drivers and HP software and search for updated drivers for your model. Be sure to select the correct operating system. If the computer was upgraded to Vista, use HP Update to scan for updated drivers. To use HP Update, click Start, All Programs, HP, HP Update, and follow the instructions on the screen. If HP has not released specific audio drivers for your operating system, use the Microsoft Windows Update, or check the Microsoft website generic drivers for Vista. To use Windows Update, click Start, enter update on the search field, select Windows Update from the list when it becomes available, click Check for updates, then install any available updates.

Different hardware and software problems can cause the audio and sound problems. To begin troubleshooting, disconnect all external sources that could produce the sound problems, such as digital audio players, external speakers and headphones. The first task is to ensure that sound systems and basic Windows CD / DVD is working. After restoring the internal sound systems with all external devices disconnected, you can try to reconnect every sound device and try to isolate the problem.