Thread: TV Tuner Card Black Screen problem

TV Tuner Card Black Screen problem

Hi,

I had recently installed windows 7. After reinstalling Windows, AverTV 505 TV tuner stopped working and it gives me Black Screen. Drivers all installed in the hardware list to see. But when you start the software AVerTV, do not show any video source. Just a black screen. After installing new drivers from the manufacturer's website, nothing has changed. Tried the tuner in the second slot - not just not help. So can you please help me to solve TV Tuner Card Black Screen problem ??

Computer Configuration:
    Windows 7, 2GB RAM, Processor: AMD Athlon, 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3800 + 2GHz, Video card: NVIDIA GEFORCE 8500 GT 512 mb.

Re: TV Tuner Card Black Screen problem

You need to remove drivers and the software of AVerMedia, then reboot the pc. Before you again install driver and software AVerMedia, make sure that you do not forget to install an updated driver for video card nVidia GeForce 8500 GT. Then Download and install the updated driver compactable with windows 7and software from AVerTV709. If this does not solve the problem, reply back again.

All done, but the problem has not disappeared, still there is no video. All the drivers replaced at the latest. I remember what it used to be a patch for its Windows 7 and everything worked but unfortunately it now I do not have video. Since the upgrade is also all right, why there a video problem....

To solve your TV Tuner Card Black Screen problem, I would suggest you remove a ll codec packs using a program called RevoUnistallerRevo. After uninstalling the codec packs see if it works with them. Try a search for best codec pack. The two post popular are the K-Lite and FFDshow. Then install the drivers for AverTV 505 TV tuner card.

You must have downloaded the patch only for audio and it is nothing to do with video. There is likely a hardware incompatibility. TV tuner card uses interrupts for other devices. This can be verified through the "Device Manager", but you said you tried to change the slot PCI. Upgrade the video card driver from the below link :
    - Try to use the following link:http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/supp...?Type=APDriver

Also check the following (in the case, if the problem still not solved):
    - Is there a conflict video card with TV-tuner.
    - Check the IRQ interrupts for TV-tuner and video card. Note: the values must be different!

IRQ setting, you can see by following these steps: Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager -> View -> Resources by connection.