Thread: HP Printer Error Code : 0xf0af8004

HP Printer Error Code : 0xf0af8004

Hi,

I have a Hp OfficeJet 5510 all-in one printer. I have connected it to windows xp pc though usb cable. While printing it gives an error code : 0xf0af8004. I am unable to print. Previously it was working fine but from yesterday it has started giving me this error ?? How should I resolve this ??? What does this error mean ??

Re: HP Printer Error Code : 0xf0af8004

To resolve error message 0xf0af8004. First close all programs and then restart the computer. May have stopped a necessary task for Windows, or have fallen system resources due to the number of running tasks. Restart the computer update all Windows tasks and also increase the available system resources. Make sure the printer cable is connected properly. If the printer cable is connected to a USB port on a keyboard, move to one of the main USB ports on the PC. Some keyboard USB ports do not provide enough energy to power a device like the all-in-one.

If you are scanning an image in a software that supports Windows XP, or is configured incorrectly for Windows XP, scan drivers with all-in-one that is built into Windows XP. If you can scan the image with the built in Windows XP, then the problem is either the application configuration or the application is not compatible with Windows XP.

The original CD-ROM that comes with the all-in-one not compatible with Windows XP. If you installed the software by accident after upgrading to Windows XP and reinstall it again, complete the following steps to remove the software:
    1. Disconnect the all-in-one computer.
    2. Click Start and then Control Panel.
    3. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    4. Select the HP software from the program list and click Delete.
    5. Follow the instructions on the screen to uninstall the software.

The drivers that originally came with All-in-one HP will not work with Windows XP. Some older versions of software all-in-one HP will not display an error message when installed on a PC running Windows XP, will give the impression that installed the software correctly. When you connect the all-in-one to the computer, Windows Plug and Play will detect the all-in-one and it will appear that the product has been installed correctly.

Try a semi-full reset. If still you have a problem. To do this follow the steps below :

-Turn off the printer using the power button.
    -Unplug the unit.
    -Press the "#" and "6" buttons together.
    New plug-in unit
    -Release the buttons.