Thread: Unable to Establish a Two-Way Communication with the Device

Unable to Establish a Two-Way Communication with the Device

Hi,

I have an HP Photosmart c6188 All-in-one printer. I 'm Running Windows vista. By checking the ink level gives me an error message that says: "The Computer Is Unable to Establish a Two-Way Communication with the Device." I turned my firewall and tried again. No luck. I have checked the connection between the computer and printer, and has no issues. Any suggestions?

Re: Unable to Establish a Two-Way Communication with the Device

This error mainly appears, when you install an ink cartridge refill, or a cartridge that has been used in another printer, and the ink level indicator will be show incorrect figure. Remove the cartridges refilled or remanufactured ink or toner cartridges that have been used in another printer. Installing HP ink cartridges again may solve your problem.

Connect the USB cable directly to your computer. If you are using USB cable to connect the pc via a USB hub, disconnect the USB cable from the hub and then connect the USB cable directly to a USB port on your computer. Check also bidirectional support is enabled. If you can not select bidirectional support, contact the computer manufacturer for settings enabled in the BIOS.

First Insert the printer driver software disk into the computer and completely uninstall the printer driver software. Do not remove the Control Panel. You can use any software DriverSoftware uninstaller to remove the printer and if you do not have the printer driver software disks, download and install the software on the web. Follow the onscreen instructions to download and install the software.

To resolve Hp printer error message, reinstall the software from the CD. Disconnect the USB cable that connects the product to the computer. Do not connect the USB cable until prompted during installation. Insert the CD into the CD drive of your computer. The software installer starts automatically. It better to turn off the firewall during the installation, if its giving any error messages.