Thread: Mac: "Supported Disk Not Available" error

Mac: "Supported Disk Not Available" error

Hello friends,
    I am having this problem from last week. I get this problem whenever I tried to insert DVD in DVD Player. I can not even even mount that DVD. It can be ejects fine. I am having this problem in starting. Whenever I tried to insert any DVD I get "Supported Disk Not Available" error message. Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Mac: "Supported Disk Not Available" error

You have to try following steps to fix this problem.
    1. Make sure the SuperDrive is laying flat on a surface with the silver top facing upward.
    2. The MacBook Air SuperDrive is designed exclusively for use with MacBook Air. The MacBook Air SuperDrive must be directly plugged into the MacBook Air USB port, and cannot be used while connected to a hub.

From your information it seems that you have attached your superdrive to your USB hub and that's why you are getting such type of problem. When you attached superdrive to your USB hub, your superdrive does not bale to get enough power supply for working properly and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case connect superdrive directly to your computer to fix this problem.

It seems that you haven't set Preferences correctly and that's why you are getting such type of problem. In this case you have to use following method to get rid out of this problem.
    First go to Finder option -> Now go to Preferences option -> Now go to General option -> now checked that "CDs, DVDs, and iPods" has been checked or not.

I am also use Tiger, but I never get such type of error message. I think you have to reinstall Tiger in your computer to get rid out of this problem. You have to use MacJanitor to fix this problem. This is the freeware utility to run the system's daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance scripts. You can get this application from it's official site. These scripts are normally run between 3am and 5am, and will not be run if you shut off your Mac at night. This can allow log files to grow very large, and prevent system databases from getting backed up.

I think you are using some low quality of DVDs in your computer and that's why you are getting such type of error message. Have you tried to use some other type of DVD? If there would be the problem in the superdrive then you would not bale to play cd. In this case try to use some other branded dvd in your computer. If you will not get nay problem with it, then it means that your old DVDs are faulty one.