Thread: IEEE port not working of the Compaq Desktop

IEEE port not working of the Compaq Desktop

I am having the Compaq desktop computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system. This desktop also has the Firewire port (IEEE , 1394). I am facing the issue with this port of the Compaq desktop. The IEEE port not working of the Compaq Desktop . When i am connecting the Panasonic camcorder using the firewire cable then the system is not detecting it.

Re: IEEE port not working of the Compaq Desktop

you are having the Compaq desktop computer system and this computer system has the IEEE port and according to you this IEEE port is not working. You are saying this because when you are connecting the panasonic camcorder using the IEEE cable to the computer system then the system is not detecting it. First of all check that the camcorder is connected properly to the IEEE port of the desktop and also check that the cable is connected properly to the port of the panasonic camcorder.

You are having the Windows Vista operating system installed in your desktop computer system. I will advice you to connect this Panasonic camcorder with the some other desktop or the laptop having the IEEE Port. If this camcorder is detected by the other system then the IEEE port of the Compaq desktop is totally damaged. It is better to replace it.

If this Panasonic camcorder is not detected in other computer and laptops also then i think there is the problem related with the IEEE cable which you are using for connecting the Panasonic camcorder and the desktop or the laptop systems. So, You should change the IEEE cable that you are using with the new one. You will get the IEEE cable easily in the market.

I want to ask you that does your Compaq desktop computer was having the IEEE port inbuilt or you have added the new hardware for this. This is because you have not mentioned it in your query. If you have attached the new hardware on the motherboard then it may be possible that the hardware is not connected properly to the motherboard of the computer system. So reconnect it on the motherboard. This will resolve the issue.

If the IEEE port is not working after reconnecting on the motherboard of the Compaq desktop also then i think this hardware is not working totally or may be that slot of the motherboard in which you have attach this IEEE hardware in the system. So check for this two possible errors and solve it accordingly. Most probably it will be the problem of the IEEE port hardware.