Thread: Windows XP not detecting Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer

Windows XP not detecting Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer

I am having the desktop and this desktop computer system has the Windows XP operating system. I am having the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer and i am facing problem in using the printer with the desktop which has the Windows XP operating system. This Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer is not detected by the Windows XP operating system. So, provide me the solution of this problem of the lexmark printer.

Re: Windows XP not detecting Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer

You are having the desktop computer and it has the Windows XP operating system installed in it. The problem is with the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer that you are having, and this printer is not detected by the Windows XP operating system. First of all check that the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer is connected properly to the desktop and the printer is turned on.

The Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer which you are having is not detected by the Windows XP operating system then i think you should try to reconnect the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer and if this also does not resolves the problem then i will recommend you to change the USB Cable of the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer which you are using for connecting the desktop system and the Lexmark printer.

However you have not mentioned that the time and exact day when this ssue started in your desktop computer system which has the Windows XP operating system. If the desktop computer was detecting this Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer before and this issue started in the recent time then the system restore of the desktop may resolve this problem of the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer.

May be the printer's driver software which you have installed for the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer in the desktop is not working or it is not able to detect the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer connected to the computer system. So i will advice you to reinstall the driver software of the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer in the desktop for the Windows XP operating system.

I think the USB ports of the desktop which you are using for connecting the Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer is not working or they are disabled from the device manager. First make sure that the USB ports of the desktop are working properly. If not detected by the desktop system thenthe ports are not working. You will have to enable it from the device manager or change the USB ports. Try connecting Lexmark Prestige Pro805 printer to other USB ports of the desktop.