Thread: Inbuilt card reader problem of Compaq desktop

Inbuilt card reader problem of Compaq desktop

I am having the Compaq CQ3170IX desktop computer system which comes with the inbuilt card reader device and this desktop computer system has the Windows Vista operating system installed in it. The problem which i am facing with this desktop is that, Inbuilt card reader of Compaq desktop is not working. So help me out in resolving this issue.

Re: Inbuilt card reader problem of Compaq desktop

You are having the desktop computer system which has the inbuilt card reader device and loaded with the Windows Vista operating system. The problem is that this inbuilt card reader is not working. I think first of all make sure that this card reader device is detected by the computer system or not. After that we will be able to provide the solution for this issue.

You can check that this inbuilt card reader is detected by the computer system or not from the device manager of your Compaq CQ3170IX desktop which is loaded with the Windows Vista operating system. Go to device manager see the list of connected hardwares over there if it is not listed there then it is not connected properly to the motherboard. Try reconnecting it on the motherboard of the computer system.

If this inbuilt card reader device is listed in the hardware devices connected to your desktop computer system then i think this inbuilt card reader is disabled that is why the card reader is not working. So right click on the card reader device and enable it again. Now the card reader device will work properly of your desktop. After enabling the card reader device reboot the desktop.

If the card reader device of the Compaq desktop is enabled and then also it is not working then there can be issue with the memory card that you are using with this card reader. Use this memory card with some other card reader device to see that is is working properly or not. If not read by the other card reader device also then this is the fault of the memory card .

I think you have not installed the proper driver software of the card reader device in your Compaq desktop compatible with the Windows Vista operating system. So, first install the driver software of the card reader device. If you have already installed the driver software and this device was working before then try the system restore option. This can resolve the issue if it is related with the software part of this device.