Thread: Why cant I delete queued documents in HP C6380 printer

Why cant I delete queued documents in HP C6380 printer

I am facing this unusual problem with my HP C6380 printer installed on my computer. Few days back I tried to print some documents using my printer. After giving the print command, I realized that the printer was switched off and hence cancelled the printing. But now the documents are still visible in the printer spooler and I cant delete them. Hence i want to ask Why cant I delete queued documents in HP C6380 printer? If anybody knows how to solve this problem then you are more than welcome. For additional information, the operating system on the computer is Windows 7 and the printer is connected using Wifi.

Re: Why cant I delete queued documents in HP C6380 printer

DHCP is responsible for assigning IP addresses to the devices which are connected using Wifi. DHCP assigns the IP address to the devices from the pool of IP addresses which are available. If the DHCP itself is not working properly, then it wont be able to assign IP addresses to the devices which are connected and hence the device will give some errors when tried to access them. Therefore check if the DHCP on the computer/router is working properly or not. Try to disable the DHCP and then enable it again to see if printer works properly or not.

Check if the drivers for the printer are installed and working properly or not. All the devices which are connected on the computer require a set of drivers to be installed to work properly. If appropriate drivers are not installed then the device will not work properly. To check if the drivers are installed and working properly on the computer, go to device manger. Highlight the installed printer and check if there are any caution signs. If there are any cautions sign then follow the troubleshooting procedure. If the troubleshooting procedure does not help then you will have update the drivers for the installed printer.

Probably the problem is with the installed version of the operating system. Operating system of the computer consist of lot of files associated to it. If any of the files which are associated to the operating system gets corrupt then operating system will not work properly and will give errors while performing some functions. The only solution to such problem is to replace the files which are corrupt. If you have the installation disk of the operating system, then insert it in the drive and boot the computer from the disk. Either repair the Windows installation or reinstall the entire operating system. Once the operating system is repaired or reinstalled, you will not face the same problems again.

The printer spooler on the computer has got stuck and needs to be restarted. Whenever a print command is given from the computer, the document first gets saved in the printer spooler. The printer refers the printer spooler and then prints the file. If the printer spooler itself gets stuck the printer will not able to access it and hence will not print. To restart the printer spooler, click on the start menu and select run. Now type "services.msc" and hit enter. Now locate the Printer spooler service and select it. Now click on Restart button. Once the restart button is clicked the printer spooler will be refreshed.