Thread: CD-ROM disappeared from Device manager

CD-ROM disappeared from Device manager

Hello !

Plaese help me to resolve this problem.My system's CD-ROM is not working suddenly and the icon of CD-ROM is not showing in the device manager section.When I try to eject it,its working fine but the data transformation is not going well.I am so worried that I can't see it in the device manager section.

Here is my System configuration:
    RAM :1.8 GHz / 958 MB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7150M

Hello dude ! One of the friend of mine has same problem as you have ! I got your problem,this is related to the registry error.

To fix this problem,just follow the steps carefully

Go to the Start menu and click on the RUN.
    Type REGEDIT and click Ok.
    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and expand the
    SYSTEM =>CURRENT CONTROL SET=>CONTROL=>
    CLASS=>{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Now remove the upper and lower filter and restart you system,It can help you according to my opinion.
    Last edited by Hardwareman; 22-02-2010 at 09:26 PM.

CD-ROM disappeared (Device disconnect)

If you are unable to interact from the CD-ROM then you need to check the troubleshooting option for your current solutions .

You said that the eject is going well but data interaction is not happening.In this case,you need to check your cabinet and make sure your data wire is plugged or not.The eject operation happens behalf of the current which is given to the CPU or machine but the data cable can cause this problem and check the cable.

if your CD-ROM is not detecting as you said then you can use the control panel to solve your problem.

The device manager can show you your device,The control panel has a utility which searches the connected device of computer system and show you the results of connected devices.

To perform this you can use the below steps :

1- Go to control panel and and click on the Add new hardware wizard.
    2- A wizard would be open and will perform a automated search on the connected device.
    3- After performing search operation,it requires some installation of driver that you need to specify and if you don't want to install those device drivers,you can skip from there using cancel button.
    Now check your device manager section from My Computer >Properties >Device Manager.

CD-ROM disappeared (Jumper Settings)

CD-ROM disappeared (Jumper Settings)

The problem may cause the jumper settings of the drive.Sometimes it happens with so many guys,Jumper setting automatically changes without any user changes.In this case you need to refer the connected devices on which the sticker is tagged which tells to the user about jumper settings and all.

How to make particular device as a slave and master.when the two devices are being used with one system then this case may be happened.

You can check the jumper settings also and adjust as slave comparison to hard disk.