Thread: Apple USB Keyboard doesn't work

Apple USB Keyboard doesn't work

Hi,

I have a Apple USB Keyboard of my old mac pc. I want to use it on my new window 7 pc. I have tried to plugged in windows pc but it doesn't works. My question is why Apple USB Keyboard doesn't work ??? Is it possible that Windows 7 has an Apple USB driver? Is it compatible with window 7 ???

Re: Apple USB Keyboard doesn't work

Disconnect then reconnect the keyboard to the back of the computer. Make sure the USB plug is firmly connected to the USB port. Plug the device does not work when connected to the keyboard to another USB port on the keyboard. Check if it works. If yes, disconnect and then reconnect the keyboard of your computer. Try again the two ports. If the device works correctly in a other USB ports then the problem is not with keyboard.

Try connect directly to USB port of your computer the device does not work when connected to the keyboard. Check if it works. If the device works when connected to the computer, but not when connected to the keyboard, it seems to require powered USB hub. Restart your computer and hold down the Alt key on your keyboard during startup.

If this does not solve the problem, try connecting the keyboard to another USB port. Be sure to try them all. Check if the keyboard Caps Lock light illuminates when you press the button and try to write something in an application such as TextEdit. If the keyboard works in one of the USB ports but not all, may have to repair your computer to troubleshoot the problem with the port or ports are not operational.

Disconnect and reconnect the keyboard if it is external. Make sure the connector is inserted into the port. (The pins fit into the USB port only in one position and can not connect if you try to plug in backwards). Back to test the keyboard. Connect the keyboard to a different USB port. If possible, try a different keyboard on your computer, or your Mac keyboard on another computer

Try to log on to another user account different. If the problem does not occur when you are connected to another different user account, you should look for software related problems. Make sure the Num Lock key is not enabled (press Fn-F6 to turn off Num Lock). If the keyboard is connected and Mac OS X detects it, the keys pressed will be highlighted in the Keyboard Viewer window. Try typing to see which keys are not highlighted in the Keyboard Viewer.