Thread: Epson R230 printer not working

Epson R230 printer not working

Hello there, I have been using Epson R230 printer for a while not but have never faced such problems with it. The printer is connected to the desktop computer which is running on Windows XP operating system. The printer was working fine, but from few days it started behaving weirdly. The LED's for paper and ink keep on flashing alternately due to which I am not able to print anything from the printer. I dont know why suddenly Epson R230 printer is not working. So if anybody is facing similar problems with the printer then please share some information which may help me in solving the issue. Please help.

Re: Epson R230 printer not working

By looking at the problem it looks like the drivers for the printers are not installed properly and hence you are not able to use the printer. Drivers are very much essential for the device to work properly on the system. If proper drivers for the devices are not installed then the device will not work properly. Check the installed drivers for the printer on the computer. To check the drivers for the installed printer, open the device manager and highlight the installed printer. If there are any caution signs then follow the troubleshooting procedure and see if the printer works or not. If troubleshooting does not help then try updating the drivers of the printer.

Check the connecting cable which is connecting the printer to the computer. If the cable is not proper then the computer will not be able to communicate with the printer. If the communication between the computer and the printer is not proper then the user will not be able to print using the printer. Check the connecting cord of the printer for any faults. Meanwhile try changing the cord and the port on which the printer is connected. If the problem is with the cord or the port then the printer will work when both are changed.

Try resetting the printer and see if it works. Sometimes the printer gets stuck and will not respond to the print command given by the user. If such situation arises then the printer needs to be resetted. To reset the printer, press the paper and the ink button on the printer while turning it on till the printer restarts. Once the printer restarts, check if you are able to print some documents using the printer. Resetting the printer usually helps.

There are certain Epson utilities that can be downloaded on the computer and then used on the printer which help in solving the issues related to the printer. Download such Epson utility and install it on the computer. Once the utility is installed, reset all the counters of the printer using this utility. Once all the counters of the printer are reset using the utility then the LED's will not flash continuously. Remember to restart the printer after all the counters of the printers are resetted.