Thread: Epson Stylus SX105 driver issue on Vista

Epson Stylus SX105 driver issue on Vista

I had installed the Epson SX105 on my Windows Vista last night. I tried the solution easy installation using the CD that came with the printer without success. I also accessed the site and support EPSON, downloaded the latest driver but nothing work. I tried the solution proposed automatic installation on Windows Vista but not progress yet. I surfed the forums, and I know by heart the INF file to delete files and other OEM services.msc. My printer appears in the device manager with a question mark beside it. When I right click, install automatic or manual does not work either. What to do here.

Re: Epson Stylus SX105 driver issue on Vista

If one assumes that you have really tried to bottom (and correctly) all the solutions proposed elsewhere, I think the only conclusion is that your Windows installation is more or less corrupt and it engenders a conflict during installation your printer. You can do one thing. Try to install your printer in safe mode. This can reduce some amount of conflict and second thing check that you have the right driver.

So already we will immediately eliminate the possibility of a hardware conflict as it is long that it no longer exists in Windows (and even less with Windows Vista) since the drivers are working in a protected memory space. The first error that has certainly caused the problem was to use the CD that came with the printer. When you have Internet access, you should never use the drivers supplied on CD. Just download them.

The problem is now that the filing of drivers for Windows Vista contains a corrupted version of the printer driver, version has been installed by the CD, which explains why no attempt has operated relocation. This happens when some drivers poorly developed are unable to uninstall properly, especially as Epson does, the driver is not developed for Windows Vista, but it is actually a driver for Windows XP.

The only way to clean the system to install a specific driver ) is to clean the filing of drivers manually by following these steps. Open the setupapi.dev.log in Notepad. This file keeps track of everything that Windows makes when installing the drivers and indicate specifically what problem could occur if the installation fails. All driver installations are detailed in this file, since your driver is probably installed it must look to the end of the file in notepad. Remove them.

I was too facing the similar issue. But after sometime things works properly back again. In my case this is what has happened. First the EPSON Installation failed. The automatic installation of the system had failed, and the manual installation too. So enter in control panel > hardware > audio / Printers and right clicked on it. Now choose Run as administrator. In the Drivers tab, I clicked on Add and follow the instructions in the wizard. Clicked on Disk, and have indicated the INF file I wanted to install the driver (for my printer it was the file E_DF1EDE.INF). After a few seconds the driver appeared in the list of drivers.