Thread: 16GB memory stick problem with Windows Vista

16GB memory stick problem with Windows Vista

I am having the computer system which has the Windows Vista operating system. I am having the Card reader and the 16GB memory stick which i am using with my cell phone. I do not connect cell phone directly to the computer system to be on the safer side from the viruses. So for this i use the card reader for the data transfer purpose. I am facing the 16GB memory stick problem with Windows Vista. Every time i connect this card then windows shows some new data's as corrupted. How to resolve this issue.

Re: 16GB memory stick problem with Windows Vista

You are having the computer system with the Windows Vista operating system and the memory stick of the 16GB and when you are connecting this memory stick using the card reader to your computer system having the Windows vista operating system, every time some data is shown as corrupted. There can be many reason for this problem. I will suggest you to take the backup of the data and delete and reload all the data on this memory stick.

May be after completing the data transfer to the computer or from computer to this 16GB memory card of your mobile phone you are directly removing the card reader from your computer system without stopping the data transfer and the card reader device stopping. You can remove safely this memory card after completing the data transfer by using the Safely remove hardware wizard. This will protect the data and the memory stick from getting corrupted.

is it nokia branded?

well....u must buy a HC (high capacity) card reader for that card to work

if u have laptop, try inserting it in the slot of laptop, cos vista has in-built ability for HC cards.

Also, try connecting the card through the phone, it might work
    Last edited by sid0972; 01-02-2010 at 08:54 PM.

When you are connecting this 16GB memory stick to the computer system using the Card reader device then some of the data is shown as the corrupted in your computer system. So i will suggest you to format this 16GB memory card. You can either format it from the computer system or from the mobile phone. I will recommend you to format this memory stick using the mobile phone in which you are using this memory stick. After that reload all the data again on this memory stick.

Well in windows vista the card reader or the USB indicator light flashes continuously also after removing the hardware safely. So if the windows shows that you can now safely remove the hardware then remove it because the indicator light will not go as it gets off in the Windows XP operating system. I will recommend you to use your cell phone for the data transfer instead of using the card reader. Because in removing the memory card from mobile and the card reader many time. There is more chances of the getting corrupted of the 16GB memory stick.