Thread: Very slow copy from the USB in Windows XP SP3

Very slow copy from the USB in Windows XP SP3

I am having the computer system which has the Windows XP operating system and the service pack 3. The data transfer is very slow as compared to the normal when i am connecting the pen drive for the data transfer to the computer system. I am facing the very slow copy from the USB in Windows XP SP3 from last two weeks. Before that the data transfer rate was proper. What can be the reason for this problem and also give me the proper solution for resolving this issue.

Re: Very slow copy from the USB in Windows XP SP3

You are having the computer system which has the Windows XP operating system with the service pack 3 and you are facing the data transfer issue with your computer system. According to you the data transfer rate in your computer system from the USB's is very slow as compared to the other computer system and the normal transfer speed. You are facing this problem from the last two weeks. So i think there is some problem in the processing of the your computer system. Close the unnecessary processes and the programs from your computer system.

If you are having problems in copying the data and transferring the data to and from the USB to the computer system or the data transfer rate is slower than the normal speed then i will suggest you to reinstall the driver software for the USB ports of the computer system by removing the current driver software from the Windows XP operating system. Reinstalltion may fix this data transfer rate issue of your computer system. Reboot the computer system after installing the Driver software.

I think some times this type of the data transfer issue appears because of the USB Pen drive itself. May be the pen drive is not working properly or it may be corrupted that is why the data transfer rate is slower than the normal data transfer speed. So first format the pen drive that you are using for the data transfer with your computer system. You can check the data transfer rate of your computer system using the other USB pen drives.

You are saying that you are getting this slow data transfer rate issue of your computer system from past two weeks and before that the data transfer rate was proper. So i think you should do the System restore of your computer system on the date and the time on which the system was working properly without any issues of the data transfer and also the other things. This will resolve all the problems which you are facing with your computer system having the Windows XP SP operating system.

If all the above mentioned solution doesn't work with the problem that you are facing with your computer system having the Windows XP SP3 operating system then you are having only one option left for you. You should format and install the fresh and new copy of the operating system in your desktop computer system. This will resolve all the issues that you are facing with your computer system. After that your desktop will work properly without any problems.