Thread: MacBook Pro Speaker Issue

MacBook Pro Speaker Issue

I have noticed that when I plug in external speakers to my MacBook pro the sound does not necessarily come out of both speakers at once. I see the optical light coming out of it so I am guessing the jack is fine, but it doesn't seem to recognize when the headphones are plugged in. Every time i'm on windows, a red light seems to shine out, so I'm guessing that's the optical out. How do i resolve MacBook Pro speaker issue? Any one has any idea about it? Please help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: MacBook Pro Speaker Issue

Have you tried plugging other speakers/headphones into the MBP? When my MBP is plugged in I get an electric vibration (mild shock) feeling. Have you tried plugging the speakers into another computer?

Many of us been having the same problem with our MacBook Pros. hese are Apple Pro Speakers and are 2.5mm. When we unplugged our headphones, OS X didn't switch back to the internal speakers. All you have to do is press a little button inside the speaker-out port.

Same issue here (even after installing the latest software/firmware updates). Are these speakers hooked up with an optical or headphone jack? Maybe the top of the speaker connection off your speakers has slightly more rubber on it than some, so it doesn't go in far enough and may be putting it in mono a bit, trying using a speaker extension cable and then plugging speakers into end of that I only noticed the random noise when i started using my MBP as a desktop and connecting it to external speakers (BOSE).

Headphones will work for sure, but I shouldn't have to get out headphones if I want to listen to a short audio clip. Jiggling the headphone plug, or using the match/pin trick should release the micro switch that turns the Digital Output on. Look in system preferences to make sure the built-in audio is selected as output.