Thread: USB printer setup in linux

USB printer setup in linux

I want to install a usb support device in my ubunut desktop. Whenever I connect it then it does not show any response. So I was just looking for some configuration steps in my computer. If you know any then show me the way to setup or configure a usb device in Ubunut. And additional information if any related to this topic.

Re: USB printer setup in linux

For USB printer setup in Linux require to select whichever devices you want to use, for example USB Human Interface Device (HID) sustain or maintain for a USB keyboard, mouse, joystick, tablet or gamepad, USB Scanner sustain or maintain for convinced scanners, USB Audio sustain or maintain for USB speakers, USB Modem (CDC ACM) sustain or maintain for a POTS or ISDN modem, USB Printer sustain or maintain for a USB printer, USB Serial Converter sustain or maintain (with the appropriate subordinate options) for some serial port type devices.

USB CPiA Camera sustain or maintain for cameras based on the Vision CPiA chipset, USB IBM (Xirlink) C-it Camera sustain or maintain for camera based on the IBM camera chipset, USB OV511 Camera sustain or maintain for cameras based on OmniVision's OV511 chipset, USB Kodak DC-2xx Camera sustain or maintain for downloading images from Kodak's DC-200 series cameras, USB Mass Storage sustain or maintain for mass storage devices, USS720 parport driver for convinced parallel port adapters, DABUSB driver for an investigational Digital Audio Broadcast receiver and PLUSB Prolific USB-Network driver for convinced USB to USB type connections.

For the USB printer setup in Linux you should be able to use elements, kernel only, or split elements and kernel code.USB hubs are mechanically supported. Some devices may stop and start working between kernel descriptions. Remember that you are using investigational code. Devices not listed in this document are not able to work at the time of writing, even though the developers are always welcome to make a payment to the current codebase.

You have to restructure the kernel and the elements (if you configured to build as elements), and install the new kernel and the new elements. Then you reboot the system. If you need instruction on how to do this, refer to the Linux Kernel. If you are using elements, you need to load the following elements - usbcore.o, usb-uhci.o, uhci.o or usb-ohci.o and any driver elements, such as scanner.o or printer.o.

USB printer setup in Linux examine the kernel logs. If there isn't something that might be USB connected, likely reasons are use of the wrong driver (UHCI when you desirable OHCI or OHCI when you desirable UHCI), not actually installing the hardware, a BIOS arrangement that disables USB or stuffing up the arrangement or installation of the kernel. Always build in the Preliminary USB device filesystem. Leaving this out will make determine problems almost impracticable, and is indispensable if you need to check that your kernel is configured properly, and your USB devices are being recognized properly.