Thread: USB to VGA Adapter Resolution

USB to VGA Adapter Resolution

I'm trying to mirror the image in full screen from my PC to the TV using a USB to VGA adapter. It works fine when I extend the desktop display as the resolution is replicated meaning I can get a full screen feed from my PC to my TV.

The problem is when I mirror the image from my PC to my TV. I can't seem to get the identical resolution, which means that I have to have the resolution scaled down on either my PC or TV in order to get a full size screen on one of them.

This is the adapter I have - http://www.smartvm.com/USB-to-DVI-Ex...200-P27000.htm

Could this possibly be because my TV doesn't support a higher resolution? It is a 20" Sony Bravia, which is exactly the same size as my Sony Vaio screen (20").

Here are the display settings of each screen -

Re: USB to VGA Adapter Resolution

Actually the Resolution should be constant on both the display devices. It should not scale down on any of the devices as it is happening on yours. Try turning of the monitor of the Laptop and then see if the resolution scales down or not. You TV supports high resolution as it is HD ready. Get the Adapter checked.

Re: USB to VGA Adapter Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Maxforu View Post
    Actually the Resolution should be constant on both the display devices. It should not scale down on any of the devices as it is happening on yours. Try turning of the monitor of the Laptop and then see if the resolution scales down or not. You TV supports high resolution as it is HD ready. Get the Adapter checked.
    Hmmm...I think it's going to be a software thing more than anything. It's probably because I haven't installed the software which came on the 8cm optical disc. Thing is, I'm having trouble getting the disc to work with the Sony Vaio 8cm disc adapter. The drive works absolutely fine with normal discs, whether it's Blu-Rays or DVDs. But with 8cm discs it just can't seem to read them. Probably another software problem as I've heard you do need drivers to get these type of discs to work.