Thread: Troubleshooting the Sony camcorder

Troubleshooting the Sony camcorder

I have a Sony HDCamcorder and it is not starting after a sufficient power and if I try to start if forcefully,It starts but automatically goes to switched off,Why It is happening. I am using my friend's camcorder and it was starting and working well but when I go to use it now and press the record button it doesn't give any response and there is no any Recording signal shows.What the problem may be with it.Please suggest me as soon as possible.

Troubleshooting Power Issue of Sony camcorder

If you Camcorder is not starting and Automatically goes into switch off mode after forcefully starting then it comes into power issue then you need to follow some steps to troubleshoot:

- Check the battery power of camcorder, Is it charged completely or find out and plug it with the charger until it get its maximum limit.

- Plug it directly with power source.If it doesn't come up well you need a new battery.

- If camcorder goes automatically into switched off mode they it should be known the battery is going down it need power. After that you are using too then it will move in sleep mode.

Troubleshooting the Sony camcorder

If your camcorder comes into that category of model into which a Hi-8mm or Mini DV cassette or DVD is being used for recording, and the cassette or disk can't be removed, first make sure the power source like Battery or AC adapter is connected well or not. If you're using a battery, It should be charged completely.

You need to feel that your camcorder may be overheating. switch it off and keep it in cool place for a moment .

If your camcorder is using DVD, it should be know that you may have switched it off while the disk is being finalize. If your camcorder is using a cassette, press "Stop" button after completion of recording. If it doesn't partially come out , use a pen or another similar thing to remove it with sensible manner.

Recording issues with Sony camcorder

When everything is OK and you are going to record but recording is not starting then you have to care about these things.

If your recording is not being started when you press "record" button and your viewfinder shows that the power is turned on and the battery is full, you need to check your cassette/DVD/memory stick loaded according to your model. Make sure one of them is perfectly loaded or not and try again.

Make sure your camcorder has enough space to record the films in whichever mode it is running and using. If cassette is being used, be sure the safety switch on the tape isn't on, and if it's using memory chip then be sure the write-protection tab is off.

For another recording issues--like manual/auto focus, Extra light is on or off, check every particular functional settings to handle it better.

Therohan Guest

Re: Troubleshooting the Sony camcorder

Gerri- Did u find an answer... I'd like to knw what worked for u?