Thread: USB devices unable to perform stop action when clicked to remove under windows 7

USB devices unable to perform stop action when clicked to remove under windows 7

Hello. This is a problem that I face while connecting a usb device on my system. I use a desktop machine with windows 7 installed as the operating system in it. The problem is that I connect my external Seagate hard disk drive into the USB port and it is unable to stop the action when been clicked to eject or stop. Please help me out. Thank you.

Re: USB devices unable to perform stop action when clicked to remove under windows 7

The problem could generally relate with the a virus that may acting upon the drive. This generally happens when a virus is affecting the system and you are unable to perform the necessary action you want to. This does happen when a virus is been activated or been accessed. You can make the things to work or play in your favor by just running a scan check wizard on your system.

Re: USB devices unable to perform stop action when clicked to remove under windows 7

There is an alternative for this. All yo need to do is to follow the steps as given below:

* Go to the start menu and click on it.
    * Open the control panel option.
    * Then go to the power option.
    * Now to the change plan settings.
    * Select change advanced settings.
    * Make the USB device enable in all feature under the power plan you chose.

You need to run a clean boot in this case so that the features that is been enabled in the windows 7 operating system should not be the cause of causing such cases. Try it out by performing theses steps:

1) Go to the start menu and then go to the selective startup menu.
    2) There you need to hide all Microsoft services.
    3) Then Disable all the features.
    4) Reboot the system.

Have you tries unplugging the device safely from the taskbar option menu. You need to do it by using the same thing,. When you plug the device into the USB port make sure that the system is not processing any programs from the device that is been plugged. Then Right click on the hardware icon that is been displayed on the taskbar menu. Then choose safely remove hardware.

Ejecting the device without even making sure that the drive is no working process may lead to such problems. Try to remove the device under safe mode option this shall help you to get to the conclusion then what exactly is causing it. You need to run a scan check wizard to the system so that it should not then affect the system due to which it is not allowing to unplug the device safely.