Thread: Studio XPS 16 Speaker Connection Issue

Studio XPS 16 Speaker Connection Issue

I just got a Dell Studio XPS 1640 today and I am having a major issue with the speakers. I am currently in the process of deleting the programs and processes that slow me down and decrease my battery life. But the problem is fairly consistent low FPS, though it varies quite a bit. It can drop down to below 20 FPS which is much lower than what I get on my old Inspiron with an inferior graphics card with similar settings. t sounds as if the person who put the laptop together wired them incorrectly, the top speakers near the keyboard sounds very faint and tinny like a sound speaker on a home theater system. So, can any one tell me that how do i resolve Studio XPS 16 speaker connection issue? Does any body knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue. Thanks.

Re: Studio XPS 16 Speaker Connection Issue

Speaker cables and associated speaker terminals represent a final important link between expensive home theater gear and the end output device. Are you sure that the system is set to output 5.1 and is receiving a 5.1 signal? Many have a visual graphic denoting a 5.1 output.

First, power down everything. Second, disconnect the rear speaker and subwoofer from the power source and wait about 5 minutes. Use of inappropriate wire thickness, poor quality speaker wire, or low quality speaker terminals, will surely impact negatively on speaker performance. Third, be sure the power switch is off on subwoofer and the center speaker. Fourth, plug in the power for the subwoofer but DO NOT turn on the power yet.

I have had off an on connection problems, usually happening when updates are performed on my system. At the same time, there is no need to break your bank account on very expensive exotic speaker cables to drive your speakers. The way that I'm usually able to reconnect is to run the sound setup as 5.1 in Windows Media Center or in the control panel through sigmatel.

If the system does not boot after this process, then you most likely have a faulty component. Are you running the same version of the speaker client on the remote machine that matches your version of HomeSeer? You'll need to swap parts, start with the power supply, until you determine what is defective.

The speaker connector is "generally" located in the lower right hand corner of the motherboard. One common problem is that the speaker connection has been inserted into the wrong jack on the computer's sound card or on-board audio. You should be able to connect it via the RCA connectors if you have both the red and white connectors it should provide you with stereo sound. A sound card or a computer's on-board audio typically has a line-in and a line-out jack.