Thread: Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure

Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure

Hi,
    My Seagate ST380011A 160 GB was working properly, if it is almost full, my lots of project and also my lots of time invested in that hard disk. Problem with my hard disk is currently it’s give me run time error like is currently it’s give me run time error like “Your Seagate ST380011A Hard Drive Failure”. I use this hard disk more than year, that time it’s so much costly but I go for Seagate, because it’s a good brand, I saw the reviews of this is company product. Currently I could not able to start my computer because my hard disk gives me error on the startup and system goes restart. Before I doing anything with my hard disk I think I take my data backup but it’s possible or not at this time? Please suggest me something.
    Last edited by Macadrian; 06-01-2010 at 09:38 PM.

Re: Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure

I think this is a hardware problem with your computer because I also face this same problem my system also give me same failure notice like “your Seagate ST380011A - HD Faille”. But that time I do all the things like try to format my hard disk, I try to take my data backup but every time I get the same error but that time my friend told me do solution, he told me do one thing unplug your all the cables with the your system, remove all the internal cables also and re plug the all the cables and then start your computer, and when I try this I think my computer start properly without any error message. I thing you also try this thing it will helpful for you.

I think this is not cable problem because Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure error message get you on your windows startup it mean your all hardware’s are connected properly if any hardware are not properly connected with your system than it will give you error when your Bios load, because First time Bios check all the hardware are properly connected or not, I think your system has virus problem, and this virus corrupt your all system registry, for this problem you have one solution you have to Hard Format your hard disk.

I think there is some problem in your Bios setup. Because any hard drive is disabled form the Bios that time you get error message like “Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure “, because that time your hard disk boot when bios load that time it search for the Hard disk, but before that your Hard disk got disabled and when bios doesn’t get Hard Drive this time you get this error message. For the solution is you have to change the Bios setting, I think you disabled your hard disk, open bios setting enabled your hard disk.

I think you have to verify the boot order in your Bios setting, press Delete when your system start then open Bios setting and see how much Bios show your hard disk size and also check your hard disk enabled or not. On the BIOS screen you can verify the hardware connectivity. Check your Boot preference if it’s Hard Disk the selected other option, because when you start that time your hard disk boot and you get Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure error.

I think your hard disk goes crashed, when you get error message from your hard disk like “Seagate ST380011A - HD Failure “, if you have to take backup of 160GB then you have to pay lots of money. Because there so much data in your hard disk, if your working on some important project then you need a backup plan, like there is some much things which is helpful for take backup of important data regularly.