Thread: Upgrading the Dell XPS 420 desktop computer

Upgrading the Dell XPS 420 desktop computer

I am having the Dell XPS 420 which currently has the Core 2 Quad Q6600 processor and the RAM memory of the 2GB. I want to upgrade the RAM Memory of this desktop computer system from 2GB to 4GB. I want to know that i can do it or not. I also want to add the separate graphic card in this computer system. Which graphic card should i buy for my computer system.

Re: Upgrading the Dell XPS 420 desktop computer

You are having the Dell XPS 420 desktop computer at your home and you want to upgrade a little bit this computer system. You are currently having the 2GB of the RAM memory and wanted to Upgrade this memory from 2GB to the 4GB. I dont know why do you want to upgrade this computer. If you are only using this computer system regular work then the 2GB ram is sufficient for you. I will not suggest you to upgrade the RAM memory of this computer system at this stage because you are already having the Core 2 Quad processor which is one of the latest processor available in the market in current date.

Well you can of course Upgrade the RAM of your Dell XPS 420 desktop computer system without any doubt. But you should check the Maximum support for the RAM expansion of the motherboard of this computer system. If this motherboard supports the 4GB ram then you can upgrade the RAM memory of this desktop computer system without any problem. If you are having the 1 RAM of 2GB and one slot is spare on the motherboard then you can attach one more RAM of 2GB.

You want to upgrade the RAM memory and also want to attach the graphic card to this computer system. You can easily attach the RAM to the vacant slot on the motherboard on this computer system. Buy the RAM which is supported by your computer system and the motherboard and attach it to the system. For graphic card you have to do little bit more work in the selection process. First of all you have to decide for which type of work you want the graphic card in your computer system. So it is very difficult task. You should ask to any computer expert in the selection of the Graphic card.

If you want the graphic card in your computer system then you should buy the graphic card which is mainly made for the High specification gaming support. Which should support all the games to be played on your computer system. But if you want the graphic card for normal use like wat6ching HD movies and playing normal games with better display then you can buy any normal graphic card of 256MB or 512MB. So choose according to your requirement, and attach the graphic card to the computer system.

If you want to buy the graphic card for the gaming purpose then here is the list of the graphic cards which are purely dedicated to the gaming.
    List of best Graphic Card for PC gaming.
    1. Nvidia GeForce GTX 280
    2. Nvidia GeForce 9800 GX2
    3. ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2
    4. ATI Radeon HD 4870
    5. Nvidia GeForce GTX 260
    6. ATI Radeon HD 4850
    7. Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX
    8. Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
    9. Nvidia GeForce 9600 GT
    10. ATI Radeon HD 3870