Thread: Sager NP2098 laptop Webcam Not Working

Sager NP2098 laptop Webcam Not Working

I am using a Sager NP2098 laptop. It has a internal built in Webcam, which was working fine till 2 weeks back. I was using Windows XP and like last week I upgraded to Windows 7. I came to know that my webcam is not working when i logged in to Yahoo Messenger. It said that "There is no Webcam connected". I just don't know what to do. Do i have to purchase another external Webcam. Please guys give me some suggestions.

Check for Drivers

Okay as you said that you have upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7, so have to installed the Drivers also for the same. Because as no hardware is going to work without proper drivers. So it is important that you should have proper drivers for each and every hardware. And as you upgraded so the previous information about the hardware is gone now and new installation is required. So try to search for the CD which you might have recieved with your computer when you purchased it.

No Driver CD

That is the main issue. This is a pretty old computer and I have lost the CD's which i received during shifting. I have a friend of mine who is also using a Sager computer actually we both purchased it together. I got his CD and tried to install the drivers given for Webcam in my computer but that did not worked. And I am not at good at computers. I am just confused of what to do now. Please any suggestions.?

Get Drivers for Internet

As you said that you have lost the CD's during shifting, so now you have only one option to get the drivers which is through Internet. Well there is another way which can be if you get the correct driver CD for your version of computer. And you said that your friend also has the same computer and you tried to install drivers from his CD but that did not work. It was because your and your friend's computer both are of different version. That is why it did not work. So try to search for the drivers on Internet. Try to search it on Sager's official Website. That will help you.

Not able to get Drivers through Internet

I tried searching for Drivers on internet, but was not able to. I searched it on the Sager's official Website also, but still didn't get the proper drivers for my version. I had got one, which i downloaded and installed, it was for my version of computer but was not for my version of Webcam. I spoke to my friends also who know much more about computers than me. They also suggested me to search for proper drivers. I don't know what to do now. I guess I have to get another external Webcam.